Moving from Phoenix, AZ to Orlando, FL: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Phoenix, AZ to Orlando, FL averages from $1,370 to $7,583 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Orlando, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Orlando to Phoenix guide.
- Best Phoenix to Orlando movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Phoenix to Orlando.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Phoenix to Orlando car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,138 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Phoenix to Orlando?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,301 - $5,130||$1,245 - $3,086||$1,266 - $2,443|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,528 - $7,583||$2,215 - $4,570||$1,370 - $2,908|
|4+ bedrooms||$6,617 - $11,518||$3,038 - $6,180||$1,729 - $3,563|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,138 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Phoenix to Orlando will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Phoenix to Orlando Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Phoenix to Orlando?
To ship furniture from Phoenix to Orlando with a mover will cost between $1,301 to $5,130. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,528 to $7,583, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Phoenix to Orlando will cost from $6,617 to $11,518.
How much are moving container companies from Phoenix to Orlando?
Moving containers from Phoenix to Orlando will cost you $1,245 to $3,086 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,215 to $4,570. A larger home will cost $3,038 to $6,180.
How much is a moving truck from Phoenix to Orlando?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,266 to $2,443. A larger move will cost $1,370 to $2,908, and a 4+ bedroom move from Phoenix to Orlando costs from $1,729 to $3,563.
How to ship a car from Phoenix to Orlando
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Phoenix to Orlando car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Phoenix, AZ to Orlando, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: Phoenix vs Orlando
|Average rent cost||$1,300||$1,681|
|Average home value||$396,063||$354,259|
|Average income (per capita)||$59,455||$58,819|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$928||$952|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,262||$3,355|
|State Income Tax||4.5%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Orlando, FL are 29% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Home Prices in Orlando, FL are 10.6% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Income in Orlando, FL is 1.1% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Orlando, FL is 2.6% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a family in Orlando, FL is 2.9% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Unemployment rate in Orlando, FL is 9.09% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Sales Taxes in Orlando, FL are 24.42% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- State Income Taxes in Orlando, FL are 100.00% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,922.4 in Orlando to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Phoenix.
How is life different in Phoenix, AZ to Orlando, FL?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||6||6|
|Bike friendliness score||57||56|
- Orlando’s population is about 81% less than Phoenix.
- Orlando’s public transportation is not as good as Phoenix with a score of 6 vs 6.
- Orlando and Phoenix are similarily walkable.
- Orlando is more bike-friendly than Phoenix with a score of 57 vs 56.
- Orlando's crime rate is higher than Phoenix with a score of 45.08 compared to 40.25.
- Orlando is considered to be safer than Phoenix with a safety index of 48.59 vs 48.11.
- Air Quality in Orlando is Good, and in Phoenix it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Orlando, FL
- Weather: Orlando has two basic seasons, a hot and rainy season, lasting from May until late October, and a warm and dry season from November through April. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Orlando. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Phoenix Movers
|Get A Quote||
1415 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85007
|Just-In Time Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
4627 E Ivy St, Mesa, AZ, 85205
|Camelback Moving||Get A Quote||
2330 North 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85009
Visit our Best Movers in Phoenix page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Orlando, FL
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The City Beautiful", these are the best neighborhoods in Orlando to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Baldwin Park
- Central Business District
- College Park
- Park Lake-Highland
- South Eola
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Baldwin Park
- College Park
- Winter Garden
What to do in Orlando
Moving to The “The City Beautiful”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Florida home.
- Walt Disney World
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Discovery Cove
- John F. Kennedy Space Center
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Orlando Science Center
- Lake Eola Park
- Legoland Florida
- WonderWorks Orlando
Get your sports on!Orlando is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Orlando City SC (MLS)
- Orlando Magic (NBA)
- Orlando Pride (NWSL)
- Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL)
- Orlando Predators (NAL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Orlando
- New York City to Orlando
- Chicago to Orlando
- Houston to Orlando
- Phoenix to Orlando
- Philadelphia to Orlando
- San Antonio to Orlando
- San Diego to Orlando
- Dallas to Orlando
- San Jose to Orlando
Learn more about Orlando
- What Is The Cost To Move In Orlando?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Florida?
- Best Moving Companies in Orlando, FL
- Best Moving Companies in Florida
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!