Moving from Gilbert, AZ to Texas: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Gilbert, AZ to Texas averages from $645 to $5,887 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Texas to Gilbert, AZ guide.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Texas. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
- Best Gilbert, AZ to Texas movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Gilbert to Texas.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Gilbert, AZ to Texas car shippers: Moving your car? Use a company that prioritizes professionalism, cares for your vehicle, and is experienced.
Moving 829 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Gilbert, AZ to Texas?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,199 - $4,329||$808 - $1,961||$598 - $1,126|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,398 - $5,887||$1,452 - $2,864||$645 - $1,338|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,060 - $8,055||$1,950 - $3,742||$808 - $1,624|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 829 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Gilbert, AZ to Texas will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Pick from the Best Gilbert to Texas Movers
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire movers from Gilbert, AZ to Texas?
To ship furniture from Gilbert to Texas with a mover will cost between $1,199 to $4,329. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home from Kindness USA to TX will range from $2,398 to $5,887, and a large move from Gilbert to Texas will cost from $4,060 to $8,055.
How much are moving containers like PODS from Gilbert, AZ to Texas?
Moving pods from Gilbert to Texas will cost you $808 to $1,961 for a small move. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,452 to $2,864. A 4-bedroom move or bigger will cost $1,950 to $3,742.
How much is a moving truck from Gilbert, AZ to Texas?
A moving rental truck is generally the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $598 to $1,126. A larger move will cost $645 to $1,338, and a 4+ bedroom move from Gilbert to Texas costs from $808 to $1,624.
How to ship a car from Gilbert, AZ to Texas?
If you're planning a move from Gilbert to Texas and need to ship your car, it's important to find a reputable car shipping company. Look for top-rated companies that specialize in Gilbert to Texas car shipping and compare quotes and services to find the right option for you.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Gilbert, AZ to Texas a good idea?
If you’re moving to Texas from Gilbert, AZ, you’ll want to compare what life will be like.
Cost of Living: Gilbert, AZ vs Texas
|Average rent cost||$1,539||$1,045|
|Average home cost||$547,777||$276,048|
|Average income (per capita)||$59,455||$61,874|
|State Income Tax||4.5%||0.0%|
Texas sources: World Population Review, US Census Bureau, US BLS, Tax Foundation
- Rent is about 47% less expensive in Texas than in Gilbert.
- Home prices are about 66.6% lower in Texas than in Gilbert.
- The average income is about 4.1% higher in Texas than in Gilbert.
- Texas has a higher unemployment rate than Gilbert by about 12.2%.
- Income taxes are 100.00% lower in Texas than in Gilbert.
How is life different in Gilbert, AZ from Texas?
|Political leaning||Democrat 50-48||Republican 52-46|
Texas sources: US Census Bureau, 270TOWIN, BestPlaces
- The population of Texas is approximately 10,779% greater than the population of Gilbert.
- In the last presidential election, Texas voted Republican and Gilbert voted Democrat.
- The average high in the summertime in Texas is 94ºF and in Gilbert, it’s 105ºF.
- During the coldest part of the year, Texas reaches the temperature of 36ºF and Gilbert gets down to 39ºF.
- You can expect about 36 inches of annual rainfall in Texas vs 9 inches of rainfall in Gilbert.
- In Texas, it snows about 2 inches annually vs 0 inches of snow in Gilbert.
- Texas has a higher crime rate than Gilbert with a crime index of 27.11 vs 11.5.
Comparing the pros of Gilbert, AZ vs. Texas:
There are always a lot of reasons to get excited about living somewhere new. These are the best parts of living in Gilbert vs Texas side-by-side.
|Pros of living in Gilbert, AZ||Pros of living in Texas|
|Quality education||Ample economic opportunity|
|Fantastic weather||Favorable climate|
|Beautiful nature||Delicious barbecue|
|Tranquil||Privacy and freedom|
Comparing the cons of living in Gilbert, AZ vs. Texas:
Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, these are the things to be aware of when leaving Gilbert for Texas.
|Cons of living in Gilbert, AZ||Cons of living in Texas|
|High cost of living||Severe weather|
|Hot summers||Limited healthcare access|
|Terrible traffic||High crime rate|
|Low air quality||Traffic issues|
Considerations for moving to Texas
- Weather: Although winters are mild, hurricane season during the summer months may affect your move..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: In-state movers operating in the Lone Star State are legally required to be licensed by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TXDMV), which issues 10-digit TXDMV numbers to commercial carriers. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Texas moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Texas does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to . Get started here.
- Mover's Insurance: Every state has their own requirements when it comes to insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Peace of mind is priceless. Our moving checklist will help you know you’ve got everything covered.
Looking for local Gilbert movers?
|Gilbert Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
6056 E Baseline Rd Suite 149, Mesa, AZ, 85206
|Just-In Time Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
4627 E Ivy St, Mesa, AZ, 85205
|All My Sons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
4012 W Turney Ave Suite B1, Phoenix, AZ, 85019
Visit our Best Movers in Gilbert page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Texas?
Whether you’re looking for parks, museums, sports, or even universities, you’ll be happy to find a plethora of these in Texas.
Museums in Texas
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- Waco Mammoth National Monument
- USS Lexington Museum on the Bay
- National Museum of the Pacific War
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- The Buddy Holly Center
- Jack Sisemore Traveland RV Museum
- The Alamo
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
Parks in Texas
- Balmorhea State Park, Toyahvale
- Big Bend National Park, far West Texas
- Big Thicket National Preserve, near Beaumont
- Enchanted Rock State Park, near Fredericksburg
- Garner State Park, Concan
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Salt Flat
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, Johnson City and Stonewall
- Padre Island National Seashore, Corpus Christi
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Canyon
- Seminole Canyon State Park and Historic Site, near Comstock
- Waco Mammoth National Monument, Waco
Sports Teams in Texas
- Austin FC (MLS)
- Dallas Cowboys (NFL)
- Dallas Mavericks (NBA)
- Dallas Stars (NHL)
- Dallas Wings (WNBA)
- FC Dallas (MLS)
- Houston Astros (MLB)
- Houston Dash (NWSL)
- Houston Dynamo (MLS)
- Houston Rockets (NBA)
- Houston Texans (NFL)
- San Antonio Spurs (NBA)
- Texas Rangers (MLB)
Universities in Texas
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Tech University
- University of Houston
- The University of Texas at Arlington
- The University of Texas at Dallas
- The University of North Texas
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Texas State University
Where to move in Texas
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Lone Star State," these are the best cities in Texas to move to.
Most popular cities to move to in Texas:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Arizona to Texas
- Gilbert to Houston
- Gilbert to San Antonio
- Gilbert to Dallas
- Gilbert to Austin
- Los Angeles to Texas
- New York City to Texas
- Chicago to Texas
- Philadelphia to Texas
- San Diego to Texas
- San Jose to Texas
- Jacksonville to Texas
- Columbus to Texas
- Indianapolis to Texas
- Charlotte to Texas