Moving from Gainesville, FL to Greenville, SC: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Gainesville, FL to Greenville, SC averages from $435 to $4,940 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Greenville, SC. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Greenville to Gainesville guide.
- Best Gainesville to Greenville movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Gainesville to Greenville.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Gainesville to Greenville car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 455 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Gainesville to Greenville?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,062 - $3,014||$682 - $1,636||$405 - $746|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$1,878 - $4,940||$1,232 - $2,371||$435 - $886|
|4+ bedrooms||$3,278 - $7,222||$1,636 - $3,038||$542 - $1,065|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 455 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Gainesville to Greenville will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Gainesville to Greenville Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Gainesville to Greenville?
To ship furniture from Gainesville to Greenville with a mover will cost between $1,062 to $3,014. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $1,878 to $4,940, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Gainesville to Greenville will cost from $3,278 to $7,222.
How much are moving container companies from Gainesville to Greenville?
Moving containers from Gainesville to Greenville will cost you $682 to $1,636 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,232 to $2,371. A larger home will cost $1,636 to $3,038.
How much is a moving truck from Gainesville to Greenville?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $405 to $746. A larger move will cost $435 to $886, and a 4+ bedroom move from Gainesville to Greenville costs from $542 to $1,065.
How to ship a car from Gainesville to Greenville
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Gainesville to Greenville car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Gainesville, FL to Greenville, SC a good idea?
Cost of Living: Gainesville vs Greenville
|Average rent cost||$1,075||$1,247|
|Average home value||$282,636||$307,257|
|Average income (per capita)||$56,869||$65|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,727||$1,750|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,491||$4,000|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||7.0%|
- Rent Prices in Greenville, SC are 16% higher than in Gainesville, FL.
- Home Prices in Greenville, SC are 8.7% higher than in Gainesville, FL.
- Income in Greenville, SC is 99.9% lower than in Gainesville, FL.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Greenville, SC is 1.3% higher than in Gainesville, FL.
- Cost of Living for a family in Greenville, SC is 14.6% higher than in Gainesville, FL.
- Unemployment rate in Greenville, SC and Gainesville, FL.
- Sales Taxes in Greenville, SC are 14.29% lower than in Gainesville, FL.
- State Income Taxes in Greenville, SC are 7.00% higher than in Gainesville, FL.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,960.0 in Greenville to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Gainesville.
How is life different in Gainesville, FL to Greenville, SC?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||3||6|
|Bike friendliness score||49||69|
- Greenville’s population is about 50% less than Gainesville.
- Greenville’s public transportation is not as good as Gainesville with a score of 3 vs 6.
- Greenville is more walkable than Gainesville with a score of 43 vs 37.
- Greenville is less bike-friendly than Gainesville with a score of 49 vs 69.
- Greenville's crime rate is lower than Gainesville with a score of 4.0 compared to 8.0.
- Greenville is considered to be safer than Gainesville with a safety index of 62.18 vs 52.61.
- Air Quality in Greenville is Good, and in Gainesville it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Greenville, SC
- Weather: If you're moving to Greenville, SC, May, September and October are the best months to move to the city. Heat are tolerable and even desirable on some months. Winters are short and generally cool..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: To promote safety, economic development, and ethical business practices, the South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff (ORS) oversees movers in the state. They are responsible for inspecting, examining, and auditing public utility providers like movers. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a South Carolina moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: South Carolina does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Greenville. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Gainesville Movers
|2 College Brothers Moving and Storage||Get A Quote||
605 Northwest 53rd Avenue, Gainesville, FL, 32609
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
1120 Northwest 53rd Avenue, Gainesville, FL, 32609
|UF Mover Guys||Get A Quote||
2331 Northwest 13th Street, Gainesville, FL, 32609
Visit our Best Movers in Gainesville page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Greenville, SC
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Greenville", these are the best neighborhoods in Greenville to move to.
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Augusta Road
- Gower Estates
- River Walk
- Orchard Farms
- Half Mile Lake
- Neely Farm
What to do in Greenville
Moving to The “Greenville”? These are some of the best things to do in your new South Carolina home.
- Falls Park on the Reedy
- GHS Swamp Rabbit Trail
- The Peace Center
- Liberty Bridge
- Fluor Field at the WestEnd
- Paris Mountain State Park
Get your sports on!Greenville is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Greenville Drive (Baseball-South Atlantic League)
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (Hockey-ECHL)
- Greenville Triumph SC (Soccer-USL League One)
- Furman Paladins (Southern)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Greenville
- New York City to Greenville
- Chicago to Greenville
- Houston to Greenville
- Phoenix to Greenville
- Philadelphia to Greenville
- San Antonio to Greenville
- San Diego to Greenville
- Dallas to Greenville
- San Jose to Greenville
Learn more about Greenville
- What Is The Cost To Move In Greenville?
- What Is The Cost To Move To South Carolina?
- Best Moving Companies in Greenville, SC
- Best Moving Companies in South Carolina
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!