Moving from Orlando, FL to Greenville, SC: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Orlando, FL to Greenville, SC averages from $478 to $5,143 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Greenville, SC. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Greenville to Orlando guide.
- Best Orlando to Greenville movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Orlando to Greenville.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Orlando to Greenville car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 528 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Orlando to Greenville?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,117 - $3,134||$706 - $1,701||$443 - $823|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,002 - $5,143||$1,276 - $2,469||$478 - $976|
|4+ bedrooms||$3,620 - $7,621||$1,699 - $3,179||$595 - $1,176|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 528 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Orlando to Greenville will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Orlando to Greenville Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Orlando to Greenville?
To ship furniture from Orlando to Greenville with a mover will cost between $1,117 to $3,134. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,002 to $5,143, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Orlando to Greenville will cost from $3,620 to $7,621.
How much are moving container companies from Orlando to Greenville?
Moving containers from Orlando to Greenville will cost you $706 to $1,701 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,276 to $2,469. A larger home will cost $1,699 to $3,179.
How much is a moving truck from Orlando to Greenville?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $443 to $823. A larger move will cost $478 to $976, and a 4+ bedroom move from Orlando to Greenville costs from $595 to $1,176.
How to ship a car from Orlando to Greenville
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Orlando to Greenville car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Orlando, FL to Greenville, SC a good idea?
Cost of Living: Orlando vs Greenville
|Average rent cost||$1,681||$1,247|
|Average home value||$354,259||$307,257|
|Average income (per capita)||$58,819||$65|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$952||$1,750|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,355||$4,000|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||7.0%|
- Rent Prices in Greenville, SC are 26% lower than in Orlando, FL.
- Home Prices in Greenville, SC are 13.3% lower than in Orlando, FL.
- Income in Greenville, SC is 99.9% lower than in Orlando, FL.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Greenville, SC is 83.8% higher than in Orlando, FL.
- Cost of Living for a family in Greenville, SC is 19.2% higher than in Orlando, FL.
- Unemployment rate in Greenville, SC is 26.67% lower than in Orlando, FL.
- Sales Taxes in Greenville, SC are 7.69% lower than in Orlando, FL.
- State Income Taxes in Greenville, SC are 7.00% higher than in Orlando, FL.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $485.3 in Greenville to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Orlando.
How is life different in Orlando, FL to Greenville, SC?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||3||6|
|Bike friendliness score||49||57|
- Greenville’s population is about 77% less than Orlando.
- Greenville’s public transportation is not as good as Orlando with a score of 3 vs 6.
- Greenville is more walkable than Orlando with a score of 43 vs 41.
- Greenville is less bike-friendly than Orlando with a score of 49 vs 57.
- Greenville's crime rate is lower than Orlando with a score of 4.0 compared to 45.08.
- Greenville is considered to be safer than Orlando with a safety index of 62.18 vs 48.59.
- Air Quality in Greenville is Good, and in Orlando it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Greenville, SC
- Weather: If you're moving to Greenville, SC, May, September and October are the best months to move to the city. Heat are tolerable and even desirable on some months. Winters are short and generally cool..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: To promote safety, economic development, and ethical business practices, the South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff (ORS) oversees movers in the state. They are responsible for inspecting, examining, and auditing public utility providers like movers. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a South Carolina moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: South Carolina does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Greenville. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Orlando Movers
|Get A Quote||
4400 Greek Court, Orlando, FL, 32816
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
379 W. Michigan St. Suite 200, Orlando, FL, 32806
|All My Sons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
639 West Robinson St., Orlando, FL, 32801
Visit our Best Movers in Orlando page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Greenville, SC
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Greenville", these are the best neighborhoods in Greenville to move to.
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Augusta Road
- Gower Estates
- River Walk
- Orchard Farms
- Half Mile Lake
- Neely Farm
What to do in Greenville
Moving to The “Greenville”? These are some of the best things to do in your new South Carolina home.
- Falls Park on the Reedy
- GHS Swamp Rabbit Trail
- The Peace Center
- Liberty Bridge
- Fluor Field at the WestEnd
- Paris Mountain State Park
Get your sports on!Greenville is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Greenville Drive (Baseball-South Atlantic League)
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (Hockey-ECHL)
- Greenville Triumph SC (Soccer-USL League One)
- Furman Paladins (Southern)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Greenville
- New York City to Greenville
- Chicago to Greenville
- Houston to Greenville
- Phoenix to Greenville
- Philadelphia to Greenville
- San Antonio to Greenville
- San Diego to Greenville
- Dallas to Greenville
- San Jose to Greenville
Learn more about Greenville
- What Is The Cost To Move In Greenville?
- What Is The Cost To Move To South Carolina?
- Best Moving Companies in Greenville, SC
- Best Moving Companies in South Carolina
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!