Moving from Rochester, NY to Jacksonville, FL: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Rochester, NY to Jacksonville, FL averages from $785 to $6,265 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Jacksonville, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Jacksonville to Rochester guide.
- Best Rochester to Jacksonville movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Rochester to Jacksonville.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Rochester to Jacksonville car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,087 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Rochester to Jacksonville?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,218 - $4,935||$892 - $2,177||$726 - $1,380|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,634 - $6,265||$1,599 - $3,192||$785 - $1,641|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,378 - $8,311||$2,160 - $4,210||$985 - $1,997|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,087 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Rochester to Jacksonville will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Rochester to Jacksonville Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Rochester to Jacksonville?
To ship furniture from Rochester to Jacksonville with a mover will cost between $1,218 to $4,935. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,634 to $6,265, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Rochester to Jacksonville will cost from $4,378 to $8,311.
How much are moving container companies from Rochester to Jacksonville?
Moving containers from Rochester to Jacksonville will cost you $892 to $2,177 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,599 to $3,192. A larger home will cost $2,160 to $4,210.
How much is a moving truck from Rochester to Jacksonville?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $726 to $1,380. A larger move will cost $785 to $1,641, and a 4+ bedroom move from Rochester to Jacksonville costs from $985 to $1,997.
How to ship a car from Rochester to Jacksonville?
If you're moving from Rochester to Jacksonville and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated Rochester to Jacksonville car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from Rochester, NY to Jacksonville, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: Rochester vs Jacksonville
|Average rent cost||$995||$1,271|
|Average home value||$215,350||$279,696|
|Average income (per capita)||$61,737||$56,975|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$935||$914|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,343||$3,272|
|State Income Tax||10.9%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Jacksonville, FL are 28% higher than in Rochester, NY.
- Home Prices in Jacksonville, FL are 29.9% higher than in Rochester, NY.
- Income in Jacksonville, FL is 7.7% lower than in Rochester, NY.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Jacksonville, FL is 2.2% lower than in Rochester, NY.
- Cost of Living for a family in Jacksonville, FL is 2.1% lower than in Rochester, NY.
- Unemployment rate in Jacksonville, FL is 48.98% lower than in Rochester, NY.
- Sales Taxes in Jacksonville, FL are 6.25% lower than in Rochester, NY.
- State Income Taxes in Jacksonville, FL are 100.00% lower than in Rochester, NY.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,932.6 in Jacksonville to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Rochester.
How is life different in Rochester, NY to Jacksonville, FL?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||4||6|
|Bike friendliness score||41||60|
- Jacksonville’s population is about 349% greater than Rochester.
- Jacksonville’s public transportation is better than Rochester with a score of 4 vs 6.
- Jacksonville is less walkable than Rochester with a score of 26 vs 61.
- Jacksonville is less bike-friendly than Rochester with a score of 41 vs 60.
- Jacksonville's crime rate is higher than Rochester with a score of 34.87 compared to 7.0.
- Jacksonville is considered to be safer than Rochester with a safety index of 43.76 vs 36.31.
- Air Quality in Jacksonville is Good, and in Rochester it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Jacksonville, FL
- Weather: Jacksonville has hot humid summers, and warm to mild and drier winters. Seasonal rainfall is concentrated in the warmest months from May through September, when brief but intense downpours with thunder and lightning are common, while the driest months are from November through April. Be sure to check your weather app to avoid rain during your move..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Jacksonville. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Rochester Movers
|Interior Moving Services Inc||Get A Quote||
157 La Grange Ave, Rochester, NY, 14613
|Sheridan Brothers Moving||Get A Quote||
1350 University Ave, Rochester, NY, 14607
|Metropolis Moving, Inc.||Get A Quote||
476 Jefferson St, Brooklyn, NY, 11237
Visit our Best Movers in Rochester page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Jacksonville, FL
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Jax", these are the best neighborhoods in Jacksonville to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Secret Cove
- South Riverside
- Windy Hill
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Beacon Hills & Harbour
- Orange Park
- Ortega Forest
What to do in Jacksonville
Moving to The “Jax”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Florida home.
- Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- Museum of Science and History
- Friendship Fountain
- Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Adventure Landing: Jacksonville Beach
- Little Talbot Island State Park
- Downtown Jacksonville
- Ritz Theater and Museum
Get your sports on!Jacksonville is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Jacksonville
- Chicago to Jacksonville
- Houston to Jacksonville
- Phoenix to Jacksonville
- Philadelphia to Jacksonville
- San Antonio to Jacksonville
- San Diego to Jacksonville
- Dallas to Jacksonville
- San Jose to Jacksonville
- Austin to Jacksonville