Moving from Dallas, TX to Tucson, AZ: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Dallas, TX to Tucson, AZ averages from $715 to $6,083 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Tucson, AZ. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Tucson to Dallas guide.
- Best Dallas to Tucson movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Dallas to Tucson.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Dallas to Tucson car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 954 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Dallas to Tucson?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,208 - $4,758||$850 - $2,069||$661 - $1,253|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,519 - $6,083||$1,525 - $3,028||$715 - $1,489|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,166 - $8,070||$2,054 - $3,976||$896 - $1,811|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 954 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Dallas to Tucson will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Dallas to Tucson Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Dallas to Tucson?
To ship furniture from Dallas to Tucson with a mover will cost between $1,208 to $4,758. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,519 to $6,083, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Dallas to Tucson will cost from $4,166 to $8,070.
How much are moving container companies from Dallas to Tucson?
Moving containers from Dallas to Tucson will cost you $850 to $2,069 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,525 to $3,028. A larger home will cost $2,054 to $3,976.
How much is a moving truck from Dallas to Tucson?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $661 to $1,253. A larger move will cost $715 to $1,489, and a 4+ bedroom move from Dallas to Tucson costs from $896 to $1,811.
How to ship a car from Dallas to Tucson?
If you're moving from Dallas to Tucson and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated Dallas to Tucson car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from Dallas, TX to Tucson, AZ a good idea?
Cost of Living: Dallas vs Tucson
|Average rent cost||$1,464||$895|
|Average home value||$293,549||$300,294|
|Average income (per capita)||$61,361||$56,826|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$936||$848|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,334||$2,936|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||4.5%|
- Rent Prices in Tucson, AZ are 39% lower than in Dallas, TX.
- Home Prices in Tucson, AZ are 2.3% higher than in Dallas, TX.
- Income in Tucson, AZ is 7.4% lower than in Dallas, TX.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Tucson, AZ is 9.4% lower than in Dallas, TX.
- Cost of Living for a family in Tucson, AZ is 11.9% lower than in Dallas, TX.
- Unemployment rate in Tucson, AZ is 105.56% higher than in Dallas, TX.
- Sales Taxes in Tucson, AZ are 5.45% higher than in Dallas, TX.
- State Income Taxes in Tucson, AZ are 4.50% higher than in Dallas, TX.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,717.9 in Tucson to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Dallas.
How is life different in Dallas, TX to Tucson, AZ?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||5||6|
|Bike friendliness score||66||49|
- Tucson’s population is about 58% less than Dallas.
- Tucson’s public transportation is better than Dallas with a score of 5 vs 6.
- Tucson is less walkable than Dallas with a score of 43 vs 46.
- Tucson is more bike-friendly than Dallas with a score of 66 vs 49.
- Tucson's crime rate is lower than Dallas with a score of 43.93 compared to 45.35.
- Tucson is considered to be less safe than Dallas with a score of 49.81 vs 49.82.
- Air Quality in Tucson is Good, and in Dallas it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Tucson, AZ
- Weather: Extreme heat may cause discomfort if you choose to move in the summer. Pay close attention to heat sensitive household items such as instruments, antique furniture, and electronics. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Though Arizona is largely an “unregulated” state, local moving companies are subject to some Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) and Department of Weights and Measures regulations intended to ensure that they operate safely and ethically. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Arizona moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Arizona does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Tucson. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Dallas Movers
|Get A Quote||
3736 Glencoe Street #1108,, Dallas, TX, 75206
|Firefighting's Finest Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
2306 Sherwin St., Garland, TX, 75041
|3 Men Movers||Get A Quote||
7055 John W. Carpenter Fwy,, Dallas, TX, 75247
Visit our Best Movers in Dallas page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Tucson
Moving to The “The Old Pueblo”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Arizona home.
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Mt. Lemmon Scenic Byway
- Sabino Canyon
- Pima Air and Space Museum
- Saguaro National Park
- Mission San Xavier del Bac
- Gates Pass
- Madera Canyon
- Catalina State Park
- Tohono Chul
- Tucson Botanical Gardens
- The Gaslight Theatre
- DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun Museum
- Cactus Forest Drive
- Reid Park Zoo
Get your sports on!Tucson is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- University of Arizona Wildcats (NCAA)
- Tucson Saguaros (Pecos League)
- Tucson Roadrunners (AHL)
- FC Tucson (USL)
- Tucson Monsoon (IWFL)
- Tucson Sugar Skulls (IFL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Tucson
- New York City to Tucson
- Chicago to Tucson
- Philadelphia to Tucson
- San Diego to Tucson
- San Jose to Tucson
- Jacksonville to Tucson
- Columbus to Tucson
- Indianapolis to Tucson
- Charlotte to Tucson