Quick Answer: The cost to move from San Antonio, TX to Irvine, CA averages from $1,107 to $6,843 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Irvine, CA. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Irvine to San Antonio guide.
- Best San Antonio to Irvine movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from San Antonio to Irvine.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- San Antonio to Irvine car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,340 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from San Antonio to Irvine?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,255 - $4,964||$1,214 - $2,273||$1,056 - $1,459|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,013 - $6,843||$2,286 - $3,410||$1,107 - $1,706|
|4+ bedrooms||$5,344 - $9,648||$3,054 - $4,265||$1,386 - $2,036|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,340 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from San Antonio to Irvine will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from San Antonio to Irvine?
To ship furniture from San Antonio to Irvine with a mover will cost between $1,255 to $4,964. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,013 to $6,843, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from San Antonio to Irvine will cost from $5,344 to $9,648.
How much are moving container companies from San Antonio to Irvine?
Moving containers from San Antonio to Irvine will cost you $1,214 to $2,273 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,286 to $3,410. A larger home will cost $3,054 to $4,265.
How much is a moving truck from San Antonio to Irvine?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,056 to $1,459. A larger move will cost $1,107 to $1,706, and a 4+ bedroom move from San Antonio to Irvine costs from $1,386 to $2,036.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best San Antonio to Irvine Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
Local San Antonio Movers
|Get A Quote||
12634 Carriage Blvd, San Antonio, TX, 78249
|3 Men Movers||Get A Quote||
302 Casa Blanca St,, San Antonio, TX, 78215
|Swift Movers LLC||Get A Quote||
1316 Austin St,, San Antonio, TX, 78208
Visit our Best Movers in San Antonio page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
How to ship a car from San Antonio to Irvine
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable San Antonio to Irvine car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
|Best Overall Value||Best Insurance Coverage||Best for Quick Pick Up||Best for accurate pricing||Best auto transport marketplace|
|(224) 206-5633||(866) 563-0804||(888) 259-6046||(833) 775-1461|
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from San Antonio, TX to Irvine, CA a good idea?
Cost of Living: San Antonio vs Irvine
|Average rent cost||$1,083||$2,855|
|Average home value||$248,346||$1,243,964|
|Average income (per capita)||$56,076||$111,574|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$831||$991|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$2,883||$3,560|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||13.3%|
- Rent Prices in Irvine, CA are 164% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Home Prices in Irvine, CA are 400.9% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Income in Irvine, CA is 99.0% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Irvine, CA is 19.3% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Cost of Living for a family in Irvine, CA is 23.5% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Unemployment rate in Irvine, CA is 35.14% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Sales Taxes in Irvine, CA are 6.06% lower than in San Antonio, TX.
- State Income Taxes in Irvine, CA are 13.30% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,422.4 in Irvine to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in San Antonio.
How is life different in San Antonio, TX to Irvine, CA?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||4||6|
|Bike friendliness score||69||45|
- Irvine’s population is about 79% less than San Antonio.
- Irvine’s public transportation is not as good as San Antonio with a score of 4 vs 6.
- Irvine is more walkable than San Antonio with a score of 43 vs 37.
- Irvine is more bike-friendly than San Antonio with a score of 69 vs 45.
- Irvine's crime rate is lower than San Antonio with a score of 16.55 compared to 47.99.
- Irvine is considered to be safer than San Antonio with a safety index of 78.56 vs 51.16.
- Air Quality in Irvine is Good, and in San Antonio it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Irvine, CA
- Weather: Winters are mild, with most winters having no frost, and can be hot and dry. Late summer and autumn are warm and mostly dry, with occasional bouts of humid weather.
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: When contacting a local moving company for an estimate in California, make sure each has a “T Number” issued by the California Public Utilities Commission (CAPUC). Moving companies with valid T Numbers have met state requirements for insurance, safety, and financial stability and have passed criminal clearance checks conducted by the California Department of Justice. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a California moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: California does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Irvine. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Where to live in Irvine, CA
Now that you've decided to make the move to "", these are the best neighborhoods in Irvine to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Westpark II
- Oak Creek
- University Park
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Westpark II
- Turtle Rock
- South Irvine
- Northwood Point
What to do in
Moving to The “”? These are some of the best things to do in your new California home.
- Irvine Spectrum Center
- Pretend City Children's Museum
- Jack & Shanaz Langson Institute & Museum of California Art
- Tanaka Farms
- San Joaquin Wildlife Santuary
- Orange County Great Park
- Giant Wheel at Irvine Spectrum Center
- FivePoint Amphitheater
- Adventure Playground
- William R. Mason Regional Park
- Bommer Canyon Trails
- K1 Speed Irvine
- Boomers Irvine
Get your sports on!Irvine is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- New York City to Irvine
- Chicago to Irvine
- Houston to Irvine
- Phoenix to Irvine
- Philadelphia to Irvine
- San Antonio to Irvine
- Dallas to Irvine
- Austin to Irvine
- Jacksonville to Irvine
- Fort Worth to Irvine
Learn more about Irvine
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!