Quick Answer: The cost to move from Arlington, VA to Lancaster, CA averages from $2,182 to $7,982 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Lancaster, CA. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Lancaster to Arlington guide.
- Best Arlington to Lancaster movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Arlington to Lancaster.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Arlington to Lancaster car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,645 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Arlington to Lancaster?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,332 - $5,617||$2,004 - $3,432||$2,014 - $2,651|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,975 - $7,982||$3,525 - $5,364||$2,182 - $3,155|
|4+ bedrooms||$7,480 - $12,368||$4,874 - $6,910||$2,784 - $3,876|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,645 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Arlington to Lancaster will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Arlington to Lancaster?
To ship furniture from Arlington to Lancaster with a mover will cost between $1,332 to $5,617. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,975 to $7,982, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Arlington to Lancaster will cost from $7,480 to $12,368.
How much are moving container companies from Arlington to Lancaster?
Moving containers from Arlington to Lancaster will cost you $2,004 to $3,432 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $3,525 to $5,364. A larger home will cost $4,874 to $6,910.
How much is a moving truck from Arlington to Lancaster?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $2,014 to $2,651. A larger move will cost $2,182 to $3,155, and a 4+ bedroom move from Arlington to Lancaster costs from $2,784 to $3,876.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Arlington to Lancaster Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
Local Arlington Movers
|JK Moving||Get A Quote||
44112 Mercure Circle, Sterling, VA, 20166
|Best Movers Falls Church||Get A Quote||
5613 Leesburg Pike Suite 14, Falls Church, VA, 22041
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
5910 Farrington Ave, Alexandria, VA, 22304
Visit our Best Movers in Arlington page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
How to ship a car from Arlington to Lancaster
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Arlington to Lancaster car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
|Best Overall Value||Best Insurance Coverage||Best for Quick Pick Up||Best for accurate pricing||Best auto transport marketplace|
|(224) 206-5633||(866) 563-0804||(888) 259-6046||(833) 775-1461|
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Arlington, VA to Lancaster, CA a good idea?
Cost of Living: Arlington vs Lancaster
|Average rent cost||$2,135||$1,500|
|Average home value||$817,610||$461,357|
|Average income (per capita)||$120,071||$69,686|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$0||$2,495|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$0||$4,945|
|State Income Tax||5.75%||13.3%|
- Rent Prices in Lancaster, CA are 30% lower than in Arlington, VA.
- Home Prices in Lancaster, CA are 43.6% lower than in Arlington, VA.
- Income in Lancaster, CA is 42.0% lower than in Arlington, VA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Lancaster, CA is inf% higher than in Arlington, VA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Lancaster, CA is inf% higher than in Arlington, VA.
- Unemployment rate in Lancaster, CA is 290.00% higher than in Arlington, VA.
- Sales Taxes in Lancaster, CA are 70.83% higher than in Arlington, VA.
- State Income Taxes in Lancaster, CA are 131.30% higher than in Arlington, VA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $inf in Lancaster to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Arlington.
How is life different in Arlington, VA to Lancaster, CA?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||0||9|
|Bike friendliness score||40||72|
- Lancaster’s population is about 27% less than Arlington.
- Lancaster’s public transportation has a similar score to Arlington.
- Lancaster is less walkable than Arlington with a score of 29 vs 71.
- Lancaster is less bike-friendly than Arlington with a score of 40 vs 72.
- Lancaster's crime rate is higher than Arlington with a score of 24.0 compared to 15.67.
- Lancaster is considered to be less safe than Arlington with a score of 53.95 vs 79.15.
- Air Quality in Lancaster is Good, and in Arlington it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Lancaster, CA
- Weather: If you're looking to move to Lancaster, consider doing this on the months of May, October and April. Summers are hot and nearly rainless while winter could be mildly cold..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: When contacting a local moving company for an estimate in California, make sure each has a “T Number” issued by the California Public Utilities Commission (CAPUC). Moving companies with valid T Numbers have met state requirements for insurance, safety, and financial stability and have passed criminal clearance checks conducted by the California Department of Justice. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a California moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: California does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Lancaster. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
What to do in
Moving to The “Lancaster”? These are some of the best things to do in your new California home.
- Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve
- BLVD Farmers’ Market
- Lancaster Performing Arts Center
- The Castle Roller Skating
- Watch The Lancaster Jethawks In Action
- Civic Musical Road
- Visit famous filming locations
- The Boeing Plaza – Aerospace Walk Of Honor
- Bex Bar & Grill
- Kinetic Brewing
Get your sports on!Lancaster is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- New York City to Lancaster
- Chicago to Lancaster
- Houston to Lancaster
- Phoenix to Lancaster
- Philadelphia to Lancaster
- San Antonio to Lancaster
- Dallas to Lancaster
- Austin to Lancaster
- Jacksonville to Lancaster
- Fort Worth to Lancaster
Learn more about Lancaster
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!