Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Arlington
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Arlington area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Arlington for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$354||$154||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$508||$154||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$848||$216||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,012||$302||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,314||$302||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$3,584||$423||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Arlington move
- Parking Permits: Arlington county’s rate at long-term Meters is $1.25 per hour, and rate at Short-Term Meters: $1.50 per hour.
- State Licensing: In addition to filing tariffs and complying with insurance, bond, and highway safety requirements, all intrastate moving companies in Virginia must have a certificate from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (VaDMV).
FAQs for Arlington movers
How do I find a reputable Arlington mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Arlington movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Arlington do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Arlington?
Some popular attractions in Arlington include:
- Arlington National Cemetery
- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial
- Pentagon Memorial
- John F. Kennedy Grave Site
- Gravelly Point Park
- Fort Myer
- Mount Vernon Trail
- The Observation Deck at CEB Tower
- Air Force Memorial
- Signature Theatre
- Village at Shirlington
- Arlington House - The Robert E. Lee Memorial
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
- Women in Military Service for America Memorial
How’s the job market in Arlington?
Arlington’s unemployment rate is at 4.0%. Looking for a job in “”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Virginia city:
- U.S. Department of Defense
- BAE Systems
- CACI International
- Pacific Architects and Engineers
- Alliant Techsystems
- USPS OIG
- Graham Holdings
- Leonardo DRS
- Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- AES Energy Storage
- The AES
- Watson Wyatt
- Interstate Management Company
- Iron Horse Investors
- Air National Guard
- Washington Headquarters Services
- Evolent Health
- Better Business Bureau
Helpful Arlington Resources
Planning a move to Arlington? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Arlington
- Moving from New York City to Arlington
- Moving from Chicago to Arlington
- Moving from Houston to Arlington
- Moving from Phoenix to Arlington
- Moving to Arlington from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!