Quick Answer: The cost to move from Phoenix, AZ to Lubbock, TX averages from $914 to $5,375 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Lubbock, TX. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Lubbock to Phoenix guide.
- Best Phoenix to Lubbock movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Phoenix to Lubbock.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Phoenix to Lubbock car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 736 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Phoenix to Lubbock?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,174 - $3,213||$1,026 - $2,039||$864 - $1,197|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,083 - $5,375||$1,917 - $3,048||$914 - $1,411|
|4+ bedrooms||$3,788 - $8,020||$2,545 - $3,787||$1,153 - $1,667|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 736 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Phoenix to Lubbock will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Phoenix to Lubbock Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Phoenix to Lubbock?
To ship furniture from Phoenix to Lubbock with a mover will cost between $1,174 to $3,213. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,083 to $5,375, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Phoenix to Lubbock will cost from $3,788 to $8,020.
How much are moving container companies from Phoenix to Lubbock?
Moving containers from Phoenix to Lubbock will cost you $1,026 to $2,039 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,917 to $3,048. A larger home will cost $2,545 to $3,787.
How much is a moving truck from Phoenix to Lubbock?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $864 to $1,197. A larger move will cost $914 to $1,411, and a 4+ bedroom move from Phoenix to Lubbock costs from $1,153 to $1,667.
How to ship a car from Phoenix to Lubbock
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Phoenix to Lubbock car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Phoenix, AZ to Lubbock, TX a good idea?
Cost of Living: Phoenix vs Lubbock
|Average rent cost||$1,300||$690|
|Average home value||$396,063||$189,143|
|Average income (per capita)||$59,455||$53,834|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$928||$769|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,262||$2,658|
|State Income Tax||4.5%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Lubbock, TX are 47% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Home Prices in Lubbock, TX are 52.2% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Income in Lubbock, TX is 9.5% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Lubbock, TX is 17.1% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a family in Lubbock, TX is 18.5% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Unemployment rate in Lubbock, TX is 50.00% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Sales Taxes in Lubbock, TX are 4.07% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- State Income Taxes in Lubbock, TX are 100.00% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,486.0 in Lubbock to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Phoenix.
How is life different in Phoenix, AZ to Lubbock, TX?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||3||6|
|Bike friendliness score||43||56|
- Lubbock’s population is about 84% less than Phoenix.
- Lubbock’s public transportation is not as good as Phoenix with a score of 3 vs 6.
- Lubbock is less walkable than Phoenix with a score of 39 vs 41.
- Lubbock is less bike-friendly than Phoenix with a score of 43 vs 56.
- Lubbock's crime rate is higher than Phoenix with a score of 53.89 compared to 40.25.
- Lubbock is considered to be safer than Phoenix with a safety index of 50.73 vs 48.11.
- Air Quality in Lubbock is Good, and in Phoenix it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Lubbock, TX
- Weather: Although in many parts of Texas hurricanes and extreme heat may affect your move, this is less of a concern in Lubbock. Local climate shouldn't play a big role in your move to Lubbock..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: In-state movers operating in the Lone Star State are legally required to be licensed by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TXDMV), which issues 10-digit TXDMV numbers to commercial carriers. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Texas moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Texas does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Lubbock. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Phoenix Movers
|Get A Quote||
1415 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85007
|Camelback Moving||Get A Quote||
2330 North 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85009
|Just-In Time Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
4627 E Ivy St, Mesa, AZ, 85205
Visit our Best Movers in Phoenix page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Lubbock
Moving to The “Hub City”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Texas home.
- The Buddy Holly Center
- National Ranching Heritage Center
- Science Spectrum Museum
- Silent Wings Museum
- Prairie Dog Town
- American Wind Power Center
- Buddy Holly Statue and West Texas Walk of Fame
- Joyland Amusement Park
- Museum of Texas Tech University
- Llano Estacado
- Mackenzie Park
- At'l Do Farms Corn Maze
- Buffalo Springs Lake
- McPherson Cellars Winery
- FiberMax Center for Discovery- Agriculture Heritage, Education, and Innovation
Get your sports on!Lubbock is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Texas Tech Red Raiders
- Lubbock Renegades
- Lubbock Matadors
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Lubbock
- New York City to Lubbock
- Chicago to Lubbock
- Phoenix to Lubbock
- Philadelphia to Lubbock
- San Diego to Lubbock
- San Jose to Lubbock
- Jacksonville to Lubbock
- Columbus to Lubbock
- Indianapolis to Lubbock
Learn more about Lubbock
- What Is The Cost To Move In Lubbock?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Texas?
- Best Moving Companies in Lubbock, TX
- Best Moving Companies in Texas
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!