Quick Answer: The cost to move from Houston, TX to Bridgeport, CT averages from $1,200 to $6,843 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Bridgeport, CT. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Bridgeport to Houston guide.
- Best Houston to Bridgeport movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Houston to Bridgeport.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Houston to Bridgeport car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,696 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Houston to Bridgeport?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,255 - $4,964||$1,469 - $2,401||$1,149 - $1,486|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,013 - $6,843||$2,492 - $3,797||$1,200 - $1,733|
|4+ bedrooms||$5,344 - $9,648||$3,453 - $4,894||$1,501 - $2,083|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,696 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Houston to Bridgeport will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Houston to Bridgeport Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Houston to Bridgeport?
To ship furniture from Houston to Bridgeport with a mover will cost between $1,255 to $4,964. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,013 to $6,843, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Houston to Bridgeport will cost from $5,344 to $9,648.
How much are moving container companies from Houston to Bridgeport?
Moving containers from Houston to Bridgeport will cost you $1,469 to $2,401 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,492 to $3,797. A larger home will cost $3,453 to $4,894.
How much is a moving truck from Houston to Bridgeport?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,149 to $1,486. A larger move will cost $1,200 to $1,733, and a 4+ bedroom move from Houston to Bridgeport costs from $1,501 to $2,083.
How to ship a car from Houston to Bridgeport
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Houston to Bridgeport car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Houston, TX to Bridgeport, CT a good idea?
Cost of Living: Houston vs Bridgeport
|Average rent cost||$1,242||$1,445|
|Average home value||$243,875||$296,330|
|Average income (per capita)||$62,076||$46,662|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$838||$1,966|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$2,976||$4,274|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||6.99%|
- Rent Prices in Bridgeport, CT are 16% higher than in Houston, TX.
- Home Prices in Bridgeport, CT are 21.5% higher than in Houston, TX.
- Income in Bridgeport, CT is 24.8% lower than in Houston, TX.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Bridgeport, CT is 134.6% higher than in Houston, TX.
- Cost of Living for a family in Bridgeport, CT is 43.6% higher than in Houston, TX.
- Unemployment rate in Bridgeport, CT is 170.83% higher than in Houston, TX.
- Sales Taxes in Bridgeport, CT are 23.03% lower than in Houston, TX.
- State Income Taxes in Bridgeport, CT are 6.99% higher than in Houston, TX.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $-1,038.2 in Bridgeport to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Houston.
How is life different in Houston, TX to Bridgeport, CT?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||7||5|
|Bike friendliness score||49||49|
- Bridgeport’s population is about 94% less than Houston.
- Bridgeport’s public transportation is not as good as Houston with a score of 7 vs 5.
- Bridgeport is more walkable than Houston with a score of 66 vs 47.
- Bridgeport and Houston are similarily bike-friendly.
- Bridgeport's crime rate is lower than Houston with a score of 22.49 compared to 55.87.
- Bridgeport is considered to be safer than Houston with a safety index of 42.02 vs 36.23.
- Air Quality in Bridgeport is Good, and in Houston it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Bridgeport, CT
- Weather: Bridgeport has long, hot summers, and cool to cold winters, with precipitation spread fairly evenly throughout the year..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CDOT) regulates in-state moving companies and taxi, trucking, and bus companies. In addition, customers are also protected from scam movers by regulations set forth by the Connecticut State Department of Consumer Protection. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Connecticut moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Connecticut does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Bridgeport. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Houston Movers
|Get A Quote||
222 North 66th Street, Houston, TX, 77011
|3 Men Movers||Get A Quote||
6805 Sands Point Drive, Houston, TX, 77074
|Two Men and a Truck||Get A Quote||
7935 Wright Road, Houston, TX, 77041
Visit our Best Movers in Houston page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Bridgeport
Moving to The “The Park City”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Connecticut home.
- Seaside Park
- Beardsley Zoo
- Downtown Cabaret Theatre
- Fayerweather Island Light
- Discovery Museum
- The Barnum Museum
- Fifth State Distillery
- Webster Bank Arena
- St Marys by the Sea
- St. Margaret's Shrine
Get your sports on!Bridgeport is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Bridgeport Islanders (AHL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Bridgeport
- New York City to Bridgeport
- Chicago to Bridgeport
- Houston to Bridgeport
- Phoenix to Bridgeport
- Philadelphia to Bridgeport
- San Antonio to Bridgeport
- San Diego to Bridgeport
- Dallas to Bridgeport
- San Jose to Bridgeport
Learn more about Bridgeport
- What Is The Cost To Move In Bridgeport?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Connecticut ?
- Best Moving Companies in Bridgeport, CT
- Best Moving Companies in Connecticut
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!