Moving from San Antonio, TX to Akron, OH: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from San Antonio, TX to Akron, OH averages from $979 to $6,741 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Akron, OH. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Akron to San Antonio guide.
- Best San Antonio to Akron movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from San Antonio to Akron.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- San Antonio to Akron car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,436 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from San Antonio to Akron?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,249 - $4,959||$1,010 - $2,479||$905 - $1,734|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,946 - $6,741||$1,804 - $3,652||$979 - $2,063|
|4+ bedrooms||$5,174 - $9,412||$2,452 - $4,866||$1,233 - $2,519|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,436 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from San Antonio to Akron will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best San Antonio to Akron Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from San Antonio to Akron?
To ship furniture from San Antonio to Akron with a mover will cost between $1,249 to $4,959. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,946 to $6,741, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from San Antonio to Akron will cost from $5,174 to $9,412.
How much are moving container companies from San Antonio to Akron?
Moving containers from San Antonio to Akron will cost you $1,010 to $2,479 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,804 to $3,652. A larger home will cost $2,452 to $4,866.
How much is a moving truck from San Antonio to Akron?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $905 to $1,734. A larger move will cost $979 to $2,063, and a 4+ bedroom move from San Antonio to Akron costs from $1,233 to $2,519.
How to ship a car from San Antonio to Akron?
If you're moving from San Antonio to Akron and need to transport your car, finding a reliable car shipping company is crucial. Look for top-rated San Antonio to Akron car shippers and compare quotes and services to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Keep in mind that the type of transport you choose and the size of your vehicle will affect the cost.
Is moving from San Antonio, TX to Akron, OH a good idea?
Cost of Living: San Antonio vs Akron
|Average rent cost||$1,083||$650|
|Average home value||$248,346||$118,418|
|Average income (per capita)||$56,076||$59,578|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$831||$1,543|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$2,883||$4,120|
|State Income Tax||0.0%||3.99%|
- Rent Prices in Akron, OH are 40% lower than in San Antonio, TX.
- Home Prices in Akron, OH are 52.3% lower than in San Antonio, TX.
- Income in Akron, OH is 6.2% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Akron, OH is 85.7% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Cost of Living for a family in Akron, OH is 42.9% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Unemployment rate in Akron, OH is 86.49% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
- Sales Taxes in Akron, OH are 18.18% lower than in San Antonio, TX.
- State Income Taxes in Akron, OH are 3.99% higher than in San Antonio, TX.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $429.6 in Akron to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in San Antonio.
How is life different in San Antonio, TX to Akron, OH?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||5||6|
|Bike friendliness score||43||45|
- Akron’s population is about 87% less than San Antonio.
- Akron’s public transportation is better than San Antonio with a score of 5 vs 6.
- Akron is more walkable than San Antonio with a score of 48 vs 37.
- Akron is less bike-friendly than San Antonio with a score of 43 vs 45.
- Akron's crime rate is lower than San Antonio with a score of 5.0 compared to 47.99.
- Akron is considered to be less safe than San Antonio with a score of 50.39 vs 51.16.
- Air Quality in Akron is Moderate, and in San Antonio it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Akron, OH
- Weather: Best months to move to Akron are June, August and September as these are the driest months heat is not extreme. Winters are cold and dry but typically bring a mix of rain, sleet, and snow with occasional heavy snowfall and icing..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Although a local license is not required in Ohio, make sure the moving company you’ll be hiring is registered with U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT). To verify if you’re dealing with a legal and licensed mover, you may ask them their USDOT registration number. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Ohio moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Ohio does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Akron. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local San Antonio Movers
|Get A Quote||
12634 Carriage Blvd, San Antonio, TX, 78249
|3 Men Movers||Get A Quote||
302 Casa Blanca St, San Antonio, TX, 78215
|All My Sons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
10725 IH 35 North City,, San Antonio, TX, 78233
Visit our Best Movers in San Antonio page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Akron
Moving to The “Rubber City”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Ohio home.
- Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
- Akron Zoo
- F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm
- Akron Civic Theatre
- Dr. Bob's Home
- Indian Signal Tree
Get your sports on!Akron is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Akron RubberDucks (Baseball-Eastern League)
- Akron Zips (MAC)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Akron
- New York City to Akron
- Chicago to Akron
- Phoenix to Akron
- Philadelphia to Akron
- San Diego to Akron
- San Jose to Akron
- Jacksonville to Akron
- Indianapolis to Akron
- Charlotte to Akron