Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Overland Park
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Overland Park area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Overland Park for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$443||$168||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$611||$168||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$980||$235||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,249||$329||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,578||$329||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$3,963||$461||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Overland Park move
- Parking Permits:
- State Licensing: In Kansas, the Transportation Division of the Kansas Corporation Commission monitors, licenses, and regulates intrastate motor carriers like movers. The state’s Corporation Commission issues moving companies operating authority in the form of KCC Numbers, which customers can verify online here before hiring a mover.
FAQs for Overland Park movers
How do I find a reputable Overland Park mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Overland Park movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Overland Park do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Overland Park?
Some popular attractions in Overland Park include:
- Oak Park Mall
- Overland Park Farmers Market
- Overland Park Convention Center
- Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center
- Overland Park 9/11 Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- The White Theatre
- Bury the Hatchet
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Kansas City
How’s the job market in Overland Park?
Overland Park’s unemployment rate is at 3.0%. Looking for a job in “Overland Park”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Kansas city:
- ASE Group
- Synergy Group
- NPC International
- YRC Worldwide
- Black & Veatch
- Favorite Healthcare Staffing
- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P.
Helpful Overland Park Resources
Planning a move to Overland Park? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Overland Park
- Moving from New York City to Overland Park
- Moving from Chicago to Overland Park
- Moving from Houston to Overland Park
- Moving from Phoenix to Overland Park
- Moving to Overland Park from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!