Quick Answer: The cost to move from Phoenix, AZ to Chesapeake, VA averages from $1,904 to $7,643 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Chesapeake, VA. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Chesapeake to Phoenix guide.
- Best Phoenix to Chesapeake movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Phoenix to Chesapeake.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Phoenix to Chesapeake car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,349 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Phoenix to Chesapeake?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,301 - $5,262||$1,764 - $2,968||$1,757 - $2,312|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,596 - $7,643||$3,064 - $4,663||$1,904 - $2,752|
|4+ bedrooms||$6,752 - $11,815||$4,237 - $5,999||$2,427 - $3,379|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,349 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Phoenix to Chesapeake will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Phoenix to Chesapeake Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Phoenix to Chesapeake?
To ship furniture from Phoenix to Chesapeake with a mover will cost between $1,301 to $5,262. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,596 to $7,643, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Phoenix to Chesapeake will cost from $6,752 to $11,815.
How much are moving container companies from Phoenix to Chesapeake?
Moving containers from Phoenix to Chesapeake will cost you $1,764 to $2,968 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $3,064 to $4,663. A larger home will cost $4,237 to $5,999.
How much is a moving truck from Phoenix to Chesapeake?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,757 to $2,312. A larger move will cost $1,904 to $2,752, and a 4+ bedroom move from Phoenix to Chesapeake costs from $2,427 to $3,379.
How to ship a car from Phoenix to Chesapeake
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Phoenix to Chesapeake car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Phoenix, AZ to Chesapeake, VA a good idea?
Cost of Living: Phoenix vs Chesapeake
|Average rent cost||$1,300||$1,399|
|Average home value||$396,063||$364,040|
|Average income (per capita)||$59,455||$60,306|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$928||$1,882|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,262||$3,656|
|State Income Tax||4.5%||5.75%|
- Rent Prices in Chesapeake, VA are 8% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Home Prices in Chesapeake, VA are 8.1% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Income in Chesapeake, VA is 1.4% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Chesapeake, VA is 102.8% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Cost of Living for a family in Chesapeake, VA is 12.1% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Unemployment rate in Chesapeake, VA is 24.24% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- Sales Taxes in Chesapeake, VA are 30.23% lower than in Phoenix, AZ.
- State Income Taxes in Chesapeake, VA are 27.78% higher than in Phoenix, AZ.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $-84.1 in Chesapeake to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Phoenix.
How is life different in Phoenix, AZ to Chesapeake, VA?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||2||6|
|Bike friendliness score||35||56|
- Chesapeake’s population is about 84% less than Phoenix.
- Chesapeake’s public transportation is not as good as Phoenix with a score of 2 vs 6.
- Chesapeake is less walkable than Phoenix with a score of 21 vs 41.
- Chesapeake is less bike-friendly than Phoenix with a score of 35 vs 56.
- Chesapeake's crime rate is lower than Phoenix with a score of 25.0 compared to 40.25.
- Chesapeake is considered to be safer than Phoenix with a safety index of 70.88 vs 48.11.
- Air Quality in Chesapeake is Good, and in Phoenix it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Chesapeake, VA
- Weather: It is advisable tp plan your relocation to Chesapeake on May, October and September are the most pleasant months in Chesapeake, while July and January are the least comfortable months. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: In addition to filing tariffs and complying with insurance, bond, and highway safety requirements, all intrastate moving companies in Virginia must have a certificate from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (VaDMV). Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Virginia moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Virginia does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Chesapeake. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Phoenix Movers
|Get A Quote||
1415 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85007
|Camelback Moving||Get A Quote||
2330 North 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85009
|Just-In Time Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
4627 E Ivy St, Mesa, AZ, 85205
Visit our Best Movers in Phoenix page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Chesapeake, VA
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Chesapeake", these are the best neighborhoods in Chesapeake to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Capital District
- Central Office
- East Ghent
- Radnor/Fort Myer Heights
- Colonial Village
- North Ghent
- North Highland
- North Rosslyn
- City Center
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Great Bridge
What to do in Chesapeake
Moving to The “Chesapeake”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Virginia home.
- Oak Grove Lake Park
- Dismal Swamp Canal Trail
- Hickory Ridge Farm
- Northwest River Park
- Chesapeake Arboretum
- Great Bridge Lock Park
- The Garage Brewery
- Greenbrier Mall
- Clarke farms
Get your sports on!Chesapeake is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Chesapeake
- New York City to Chesapeake
- Chicago to Chesapeake
- Houston to Chesapeake
- Phoenix to Chesapeake
- Philadelphia to Chesapeake
- San Antonio to Chesapeake
- San Diego to Chesapeake
- Dallas to Chesapeake
- San Jose to Chesapeake
Learn more about Chesapeake
- What Is The Cost To Move In Chesapeake?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Virginia?
- Best Moving Companies in Chesapeake, VA
- Best Moving Companies in Virginia
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!