Quick Answer: The cost to move from San Jose, CA to Irving, TX averages from $1,200 to $6,843 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Irving, TX. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Irving to San Jose guide.
- Best San Jose to Irving movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from San Jose to Irving.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- San Jose to Irving car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,681 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from San Jose to Irving?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,255 - $4,964||$1,469 - $2,401||$1,149 - $1,486|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,013 - $6,843||$2,492 - $3,797||$1,200 - $1,733|
|4+ bedrooms||$5,344 - $9,648||$3,453 - $4,894||$1,501 - $2,083|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,681 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from San Jose to Irving will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from San Jose to Irving?
To ship furniture from San Jose to Irving with a mover will cost between $1,255 to $4,964. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,013 to $6,843, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from San Jose to Irving will cost from $5,344 to $9,648.
How much are moving container companies from San Jose to Irving?
Moving containers from San Jose to Irving will cost you $1,469 to $2,401 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,492 to $3,797. A larger home will cost $3,453 to $4,894.
How much is a moving truck from San Jose to Irving?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,149 to $1,486. A larger move will cost $1,200 to $1,733, and a 4+ bedroom move from San Jose to Irving costs from $1,501 to $2,083.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best San Jose to Irving Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
Local San Jose Movers
|Silicon Valley Moving and Storage||Get A Quote||
186 Barnard Ave, San Jose, CA, 95125
|Lunardi Moving||Get A Quote||
1856 Almaden Road Unit 3, San Jose, CA, 95125
|All Reasons Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
600 E Trimble Rd, San Jose, CA, 95131
Visit our Best Movers in San Jose page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
How to ship a car from San Jose to Irving
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable San Jose to Irving car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
|Best Overall Value||Best Insurance Coverage||Best for Quick Pick Up||Best for accurate pricing||Best auto transport marketplace|
|(224) 206-5633||(866) 563-0804||(888) 259-6046||(833) 775-1461|
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from San Jose, CA to Irving, TX a good idea?
Cost of Living: San Jose vs Irving
|Average rent cost||$2,500||$1,367|
|Average home value||$1,444,420||$307,264|
|Average income (per capita)||$75,709||$61,979|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,033||$936|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,704||$3,334|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Irving, TX are 45% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Home Prices in Irving, TX are 78.7% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Income in Irving, TX is 18.1% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Irving, TX is 9.4% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Irving, TX is 10.0% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Unemployment rate in Irving, TX is 5.71% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- Sales Taxes in Irving, TX are 12.05% lower than in San Jose, CA.
- State Income Taxes in Irving, TX are 100.00% lower than in San Jose, CA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,718.3 in Irving to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in San Jose.
How is life different in San Jose, CA to Irving, TX?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||5||7|
|Bike friendliness score||42||62|
- Irving’s population is about 76% less than San Jose.
- Irving’s public transportation is not as good as San Jose with a score of 5 vs 7.
- Irving is less walkable than San Jose with a score of 45 vs 51.
- Irving is less bike-friendly than San Jose with a score of 42 vs 62.
- Irving's crime rate is lower than San Jose with a score of 28.15 compared to 28.18.
- Irving is considered to be safer than San Jose with a safety index of 69.01 vs 53.91.
- Air Quality in Irving is Good, and in San Jose it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Irving, TX
- Weather: Although temperatures throughout the year are suitable for moving, rainfall is more frequent in May and October meaning your move could be slightly delayed. Spring is the time of year that tornados in Irving are most likely..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: In-state movers operating in the Lone Star State are legally required to be licensed by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TXDMV), which issues 10-digit TXDMV numbers to commercial carriers. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Texas moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Texas does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Irving. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Where to live in Irving, TX
Now that you've decided to make the move to "Crooked I", these are the best neighborhoods in Irving to move to.
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Las Colinas
- Valley Ranch
- Irving Heights
- Hackberry Creek
What to do in
Moving to The “Crooked I”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Texas home.
- Founder's Plaza Observation Area
- Mustangs of Las Colinas
- Irving Convention Center
- Toyota Music Factory
- Ruth Paine House Museum
- Mandalay Canal
- Irving Arts Center
- Cistercian Abbey
- Las Colinas Flower Clock
- Fritz Park Petting Farm
- Texas Greenbelt Trinity River Trail
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
- Northwest Park
- Beatrice M. Haggerty Gallery at the University of Dallas
- Cottonwood Creek Park
Get your sports on!Irving is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Irving Independent School District (IISD) high schools
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Irving
- New York City to Irving
- Chicago to Irving
- Phoenix to Irving
- Philadelphia to Irving
- San Diego to Irving
- San Jose to Irving
- Jacksonville to Irving
- Columbus to Irving
- Indianapolis to Irving
Learn more about Irving
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!