Quick Answer: The cost to move from Jersey City, NJ to Miami, FL averages from $1,107 to $6,843 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Miami, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Miami to Jersey City guide.
- Best Jersey City to Miami movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Jersey City to Miami.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Jersey City to Miami car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,272 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Jersey City to Miami?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,255 - $4,964||$1,214 - $2,273||$1,056 - $1,459|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,013 - $6,843||$2,286 - $3,410||$1,107 - $1,706|
|4+ bedrooms||$5,344 - $9,648||$3,054 - $4,265||$1,386 - $2,036|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,272 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Jersey City to Miami will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Jersey City to Miami Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Jersey City to Miami?
To ship furniture from Jersey City to Miami with a mover will cost between $1,255 to $4,964. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,013 to $6,843, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Jersey City to Miami will cost from $5,344 to $9,648.
How much are moving container companies from Jersey City to Miami?
Moving containers from Jersey City to Miami will cost you $1,214 to $2,273 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $2,286 to $3,410. A larger home will cost $3,054 to $4,265.
How much is a moving truck from Jersey City to Miami?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,056 to $1,459. A larger move will cost $1,107 to $1,706, and a 4+ bedroom move from Jersey City to Miami costs from $1,386 to $2,036.
How to ship a car from Jersey City to Miami
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Jersey City to Miami car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Jersey City, NJ to Miami, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: Jersey City vs Miami
|Average rent cost||$3,300||$2,525|
|Average home value||$606,537||$477,471|
|Average income (per capita)||$72,743||$42,966|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,091||$1,120|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$4,028||$4,107|
|State Income Tax||10.75%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Miami, FL are 24% lower than in Jersey City, NJ.
- Home Prices in Miami, FL are 21.3% lower than in Jersey City, NJ.
- Income in Miami, FL is 40.9% lower than in Jersey City, NJ.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Miami, FL is 2.7% higher than in Jersey City, NJ.
- Cost of Living for a family in Miami, FL is 2.0% higher than in Jersey City, NJ.
- Unemployment rate in Miami, FL is 3.61% lower than in Jersey City, NJ.
- Sales Taxes in Miami, FL are 5.58% higher than in Jersey City, NJ.
- State Income Taxes in Miami, FL are 100.00% lower than in Jersey City, NJ.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,920.3 in Miami to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Jersey City.
How is life different in Jersey City, NJ to Miami, FL?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||8||9|
|Bike friendliness score||64||64|
- Miami’s population is about 51% greater than Jersey City.
- Miami’s public transportation is not as good as Jersey City with a score of 8 vs 9.
- Miami is less walkable than Jersey City with a score of 77 vs 87.
- Miami and Jersey City are similarily bike-friendly.
- Miami's crime rate is higher than Jersey City with a score of 35.7 compared to 34.0.
- Miami is considered to be less safe than Jersey City with a score of 47.5 vs 56.04.
- Air Quality in Miami is Good, and in Jersey City it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Miami, FL
- Weather: There are two basic seasons in Miami, a hot and wet season from May through October, and a warm and dry season from November through April. During the hot and wet season, daily thundershowers occur in the humid unstable air masses. Hurricane season officially runs from June 1 through November 30, although hurricanes can develop beyond those dates. Be sure to check your weather app, especially during June through November to avoid hurricanes..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Miami. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Jersey City Movers
|Piece of Cake Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
287 Park Avenue South, New York, NY, 10010
|Vector Movers NJ||Get A Quote||
101 Hudson, Jersey City, NJ, 7302
|White Glove Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
235 W 1st St, Bayonne, NJ, 07002
Visit our Best Movers in Jersey City page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Miami, FL
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The Magic City", these are the best neighborhoods in Miami to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Coral Gables
- Little Havana
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Coconut Grove
- Coral Gables
- Key Biscayne
What to do in Miami
Moving to The “The Magic City”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Florida home.
- Miami Beach
- South Beach
- Zoo Miami
- Everglades National Park
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
- Ancient Spanish Monastery
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Wynwood Walls
- Miami Children's Museum
Get your sports on!Miami is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Miami Dolphins (NFL)
- Inter Miami CF (MLS)
- Miami Marlins (MLB)
- Florida Panthers (NHL)
- Miami Heat (NBA)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Miami
- New York City to Miami
- Chicago to Miami
- Houston to Miami
- Phoenix to Miami
- Philadelphia to Miami
- San Antonio to Miami
- San Diego to Miami
- Dallas to Miami
- San Jose to Miami
Learn more about Miami
- What Is The Cost To Move In Miami?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Florida?
- Tips on Moving to Miami, FL: Ultimate Relocation Guide
- Best Moving Companies in Miami, FL
- Best Moving Companies in Florida
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!