Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
DOT #: 29171912500 Plaza 5,
Jersey City, NJ 07311,
- 42 reviews
- Read Moving Relo Full Review
- Local moves
- Interstate moves
- Pool Tables
- Full-valuation coverage
- Fragile-only packing
- Pay by credit card
- DOT #: 2917191
- State license #: 2917191
Average moving company cost in Jersey City
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Jersey City area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Jersey City for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$451||$195||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$646||$195||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,072||$272||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,542||$381||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,923||$381||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$4,528||$534||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Jersey City move
- Parking Permits: Resident parking permits are required for parking over 2 hours in many areas. Posted signs will indicate a need for a parking permit, parking restrictions for street cleaning, and other limitations for street parking. Parking meters are also placed in certain high traffic business districts.
- State Licensing: In New Jersey, the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs handles the regulation of in-state moving companies. The state’s Division of Consumer Affairs works to ensure that warehousemen (public storage companies) and public movers provide safe, reliable, and ethical services while adhering to all relevant state rules and regulations.
FAQs for Jersey City movers
How do I find a reputable Jersey City mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
Fortunately, the Jersey City movers on this list all pass this checklist with flying colors and have been hand selected by our experts at moveBuddha.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Jersey City movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Jersey City do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Jersey City?
Some popular attractions in Jersey City include:
- Liberty State Park
- Empty Sky - 9/11 Memorial
- Liberty Science Center
- Newport Centre
- Liberty Landing Marina
- J. Owen Grundy Park
- New Jersey Colgate Clock
- Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal
- The Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre
- RPM Raceway
How’s the job market in Jersey City?
Jersey City’s unemployment rate is at 8.3%. Looking for a job in “J.C.”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this New Jersey city:
- Kuehne + Nagel International AG
- Tokio Marine Management
- Farm Credit System
- Verisk Analytics
- Goya Foods
- US Tech Solutions
- Block Drug
- Bel Fuse
- Healthcare Staffing & Consultants
Helpful Jersey City Resources
Planning a move to Jersey City? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Jersey City
- Moving from New York City to Jersey City
- Moving from Chicago to Jersey City
- Moving from Houston to Jersey City
- Moving from Phoenix to Jersey City
- Moving to Jersey City from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!