The Best Movers in Atlantic City 2023
Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Atlantic City
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Atlantic City area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Atlantic City for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$497||$391||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$888||$391||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,747||$547||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$4,702||$766||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$5,468||$766||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$8,682||$1,072||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Atlantic City move
- Parking Permits: One (1) permit per vehicle registered in their name is granted to every legal resident. Verification of the Certificate of Occupancy is mandatory to confirm that the vehicle owner resides at the property. Two (2) visitor passes, costing $20 each, are granted to each property within the 4-hour residential parking area.
- State Licensing: In New Jersey, the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs handles the regulation of in-state moving companies. The state’s Division of Consumer Affairs works to ensure that warehousemen (public storage companies) and public movers provide safe, reliable, and ethical services while adhering to all relevant state rules and regulations.
FAQs for Atlantic City movers
How do I find a reputable Atlantic City mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Atlantic City movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Atlantic City do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Atlantic City?
Some popular attractions in Atlantic City include:
- Atlantic City Boardwalk
- Borgata Casino
- The Quarter at Tropicana
- Tanger Outlets Atlantic City
- Absecon Lighthouse
- Caesars Atlantic City Casino
- Harrah's Atlantic City Casino
- Hard Rock Casino
- New Jersey Korean War Memorial
- Bally's Atlantic City Casino
How’s the job market in Atlantic City?
Atlantic City’s unemployment rate is at 13.6%. Looking for a job in “Monopoly City”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this New Jersey city:
- Resorts Casino Hotel
- Trump Entertainment Resorts
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
- Ramada New Jersey Holdings Corp
- Gnoc Corp Nj
- HQ Beach Club
- Ocean Casino Resort
- Marina Associates Ltd
- Ace Gaming LLC
- The Miss America Organization
Helpful Atlantic City Resources
- How much does it cost to move to Atlantic City?
- Moving Experience: Kathy’s Move with American Van Lines
- Moving Experience – Elizabeth’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Adam’s Move with JK Moving
- Moving Experience: Irena’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Jason’s Move with U-Pack
Planning a move to Atlantic City? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Atlantic City
- Moving from New York City to Atlantic City
- Moving from Chicago to Atlantic City
- Moving from Houston to Atlantic City
- Moving from Phoenix to Atlantic City
- Moving to Atlantic City from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!