Moving from Yonkers, NY to Tampa, FL: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Yonkers, NY to Tampa, FL averages from $812 to $6,333 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Tampa, FL. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Tampa to Yonkers guide.
- Best Yonkers to Tampa movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Yonkers to Tampa.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Yonkers to Tampa car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 1,146 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Yonkers to Tampa?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,222 - $4,939||$909 - $2,220||$751 - $1,431|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,678 - $6,333||$1,628 - $3,257||$812 - $1,701|
|4+ bedrooms||$4,492 - $8,469||$2,202 - $4,304||$1,020 - $2,071|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 1,146 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Yonkers to Tampa will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Yonkers to Tampa Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Yonkers to Tampa?
To ship furniture from Yonkers to Tampa with a mover will cost between $1,222 to $4,939. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,678 to $6,333, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Yonkers to Tampa will cost from $4,492 to $8,469.
How much are moving container companies from Yonkers to Tampa?
Moving containers from Yonkers to Tampa will cost you $909 to $2,220 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,628 to $3,257. A larger home will cost $2,202 to $4,304.
How much is a moving truck from Yonkers to Tampa?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $751 to $1,431. A larger move will cost $812 to $1,701, and a 4+ bedroom move from Yonkers to Tampa costs from $1,020 to $2,071.
How to ship a car from Yonkers to Tampa
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Yonkers to Tampa car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Yonkers, NY to Tampa, FL a good idea?
Cost of Living: Yonkers vs Tampa
|Average rent cost||$1,825||$1,679|
|Average home value||$651,558||$374,697|
|Average income (per capita)||$72,713||$57,709|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$2,184||$1,013|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$5,300||$3,611|
|State Income Tax||10.9%||0.0%|
- Rent Prices in Tampa, FL are 8% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
- Home Prices in Tampa, FL are 42.5% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
- Income in Tampa, FL is 20.6% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Tampa, FL is 53.6% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
- Cost of Living for a family in Tampa, FL is 31.9% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
- Unemployment rate in Tampa, FL is 34.21% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
- Sales Taxes in Tampa, FL are 15.54% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
- State Income Taxes in Tampa, FL are 100.00% lower than in Yonkers, NY.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $1,391.5 in Tampa to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Yonkers.
How is life different in Yonkers, NY to Tampa, FL?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||8||8|
|Bike friendliness score||51||37|
- Tampa’s population is about 82% greater than Yonkers.
- Tampa’s public transportation is not as good as Yonkers with a score of 8 vs 8.
- Tampa is less walkable than Yonkers with a score of 51 vs 69.
- Tampa is more bike-friendly than Yonkers with a score of 51 vs 37.
- Tampa's crime rate is lower than Yonkers with a score of 21.92 compared to 46.0.
- Tampa is considered to be less safe than Yonkers with a score of 52.86 vs 70.26.
- Air Quality in Tampa is Good, and in Yonkers it’s Good.
Considerations for moving to Tampa, FL
- Weather: Tampa's climate generally features hot and humid summers with frequent thunderstorms and dry and mild winters. Tampa seldom feels major effects from tropical storms or hurricanes. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Florida moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Florida does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Tampa. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Yonkers Movers
|Triangle Movers Inc.||Get A Quote||
240 Dupont Ave., Newburgh, NY, 12550
|Your Hometown Mover||Get A Quote||
92 S Ohioville Rd, New Paltz, NY, 12561
|Ron's Trucking Corp||Get A Quote||
53 Torre Pl, Yonkers, NY, 10703
Visit our Best Movers in Yonkers page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Tampa, FL
Now that you've decided to make the move to "The Big Guava", these are the best neighborhoods in Tampa to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Channel District
- Courier City-Oscawana
- Historic Ybor
- North Hyde Park
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Bayshore Beautiful
- Bayshore Gardens
- Beach Park
- Oakford Park
- Sunset Park
What to do in Tampa
Moving to The “The Big Guava”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Florida home.
- Busch Gardens
- Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Ybor City
- Big Cat Rescue
- Tampa Theatre
- Amalie Arena
- Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center
- The Florida Aquarium
- Lowry Park Zoo
- Tampa Bay History Center
Get your sports on!Tampa is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)
- Tampa Bay Rays (MLB)
- Tampa Bay Vipers (XFL)
- Tampa Bay Titans (TBL)
- Tampa Bay Rowdies (XFL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Tampa
- New York City to Tampa
- Chicago to Tampa
- Houston to Tampa
- Phoenix to Tampa
- Philadelphia to Tampa
- San Antonio to Tampa
- San Diego to Tampa
- Dallas to Tampa
- San Jose to Tampa
Learn more about Tampa
- What Is The Cost To Move In Tampa?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Florida?
- Top 10 Cities for Young Families 2017
- Tips on Moving to Tampa, FL: Relocation Guide
- Best Moving Companies in Tampa, FL
- Best Moving Companies in Florida
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!