Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Yonkers
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Yonkers area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Yonkers for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$507||$185||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$692||$185||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,099||$259||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,494||$362||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,856||$362||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$4,378||$507||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Yonkers move
- Parking Permits: Permits will be available for purchase by residents of the area for $25 per year. Non-residents may purchase permits for $50 per year, but only for 20% of the area's parking spaces, or 40 non-resident permits. Non-resident permits are issued on a first come, first served basis.
- State Licensing: New York is one of the busiest moving states in the country, and local and intrastate moving companies operating within the Empire State are regulated by the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT).
FAQs for Yonkers movers
How do I find a reputable Yonkers mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Yonkers movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Yonkers do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Yonkers?
Some popular attractions in Yonkers include:
- Untermyer Gardens
- Hudson River Museum
- Tibbetts Brook Park
- Empire City Casino
- Ridge Hill
- Nahmias Et Fils
How’s the job market in Yonkers?
Yonkers’s unemployment rate is at 7.6%. Looking for a job in “The Central City”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this New York city:
- Leake and Watts Services
- Yonkers Contracting
- St. John's Riverside Hospital
- A & A Maintenance
- Julia Dyckman Andrus Memorial
- American Specialties
- Kawasaki Rail Car
- POP Displays USA
- Saint Josephs Medical Center
Helpful Yonkers Resources
Planning a move to Yonkers? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Yonkers
- Moving from Chicago to Yonkers
- Moving from Houston to Yonkers
- Moving from Phoenix to Yonkers
- Moving from Philadelphia to Yonkers
- Moving to Yonkers from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!