Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in St. George
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the St. George area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in St. George for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$726||$275||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$1,001||$275||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,606||$385||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$3,685||$539||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$4,224||$539||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$6,483||$754||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your St. George move
- Parking Permits:
- State Licensing: Although a local license is not required in Utah, make sure the moving company you’ll be hiring is registered with U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT). To verify if you’re dealing with a legal and licensed mover, you may ask them their USDOT registration number.
FAQs for St. George movers
How do I find a reputable St. George mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do St. George movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in St. George do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in St. George?
Some popular attractions in St. George include:
- St. George Utah
- Temple Pioneer Park Hiking Trails
- Sand Hollow State Park
- Brigham Young Winter House
- St. George Children's Museum
- Town Square Park
- Red Hills Desert Garden
- Kayenta Art Village
- Little Black Mountain Petroglyphs
- St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm
- Quail Creek State Park
- Western Sky Aviation
- Warbird Museum Judd's Store
How’s the job market in St. George?
St. George’s unemployment rate is at 2.9%. Looking for a job in “Dixie”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Utah city:
- LHC Health Services Inc
- SkyWest Airlines Inc
- Sunroc Corporation
- Walmart Stores Inc
- Boulevard Distribution Center
- Cinnamon Hills, Inc
- Harmons At St. George Inc
- Costco Wholesale Corporation
- Home Health Services Inc
- Restaurant Concepts Inc
- Lowe's Home Depot Centers Inc
- Albertsons Home Depot USA, Inc
- Interstate Rock Products
Helpful St. George Resources
Planning a move to St. George? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to St. George
- Moving from New York City to St. George
- Moving from Chicago to St. George
- Moving from Houston to St. George
- Moving from Phoenix to St. George
- Moving to St. George from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!