Moving from Los Angeles, CA to Tucson, AZ: Movers and Cost
Quick Answer: The cost to move from Los Angeles, CA to Tucson, AZ averages from $450 to $5,288 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Tucson, AZ. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Tucson to Los Angeles guide.
- Best Los Angeles to Tucson movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Los Angeles to Tucson.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Los Angeles to Tucson car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 484 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Los Angeles to Tucson?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,146 - $3,193||$690 - $1,658||$417 - $772|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$2,030 - $5,288||$1,246 - $2,404||$450 - $915|
|4+ bedrooms||$3,619 - $7,812||$1,658 - $3,086||$559 - $1,102|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 484 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Los Angeles to Tucson will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Los Angeles to Tucson Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
American Van Lines
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
International Van Lines
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Los Angeles to Tucson?
To ship furniture from Los Angeles to Tucson with a mover will cost between $1,146 to $3,193. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $2,030 to $5,288, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Los Angeles to Tucson will cost from $3,619 to $7,812.
How much are moving container companies from Los Angeles to Tucson?
Moving containers from Los Angeles to Tucson will cost you $690 to $1,658 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $1,246 to $2,404. A larger home will cost $1,658 to $3,086.
How much is a moving truck from Los Angeles to Tucson?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $417 to $772. A larger move will cost $450 to $915, and a 4+ bedroom move from Los Angeles to Tucson costs from $559 to $1,102.
How to ship a car from Los Angeles to Tucson
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Los Angeles to Tucson car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Los Angeles, CA to Tucson, AZ a good idea?
Cost of Living: Los Angeles vs Tucson
|Average rent cost||$2,306||$895|
|Average home value||$2,110,111||$300,294|
|Average income (per capita)||$68,632||$56,826|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,060||$848|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,843||$2,936|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||4.5%|
- Rent Prices in Tucson, AZ are 61% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Home Prices in Tucson, AZ are 85.8% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Income in Tucson, AZ is 17.2% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Tucson, AZ is 20.0% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Tucson, AZ is 23.6% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Unemployment rate in Tucson, AZ is 32.73% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Sales Taxes in Tucson, AZ are 8.42% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- State Income Taxes in Tucson, AZ are 66.17% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,400.0 in Tucson to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Los Angeles.
How is life different in Los Angeles, CA to Tucson, AZ?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||5||8|
|Bike friendliness score||66||59|
- Tucson’s population is about 94% less than Los Angeles.
- Tucson’s public transportation is not as good as Los Angeles with a score of 5 vs 8.
- Tucson is less walkable than Los Angeles with a score of 43 vs 69.
- Tucson is more bike-friendly than Los Angeles with a score of 66 vs 59.
- Tucson's crime rate is higher than Los Angeles with a score of 43.93 compared to 29.96.
- Tucson is considered to be safer than Los Angeles with a safety index of 49.81 vs 49.78.
- Air Quality in Tucson is Good, and in Los Angeles it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Tucson, AZ
- Weather: Extreme heat may cause discomfort if you choose to move in the summer. Pay close attention to heat sensitive household items such as instruments, antique furniture, and electronics. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Though Arizona is largely an “unregulated” state, local moving companies are subject to some Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) and Department of Weights and Measures regulations intended to ensure that they operate safely and ethically. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Arizona moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Arizona does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Tucson. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Los Angeles Movers
|Seka Moving||Get A Quote||
355 S Grand Ave Suite 2450, Los Angeles, CA, 90071
|ABC Moving Systems||Get A Quote||
11301 W Olympic Blvd #727, Los Angeles, CA, 90064
|Excalibur Movers Los Angeles||Get A Quote||
529 South Broadway, Los Angeles, CA, 90013
Visit our Best Movers in Los Angeles page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Tucson
Moving to The “The Old Pueblo”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Arizona home.
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Mt. Lemmon Scenic Byway
- Sabino Canyon
- Pima Air and Space Museum
- Saguaro National Park
- Mission San Xavier del Bac
- Gates Pass
- Madera Canyon
- Catalina State Park
- Tohono Chul
- Tucson Botanical Gardens
- The Gaslight Theatre
- DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun Museum
- Cactus Forest Drive
- Reid Park Zoo
Get your sports on!Tucson is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- University of Arizona Wildcats (NCAA)
- Tucson Saguaros (Pecos League)
- Tucson Roadrunners (AHL)
- FC Tucson (USL)
- Tucson Monsoon (IWFL)
- Tucson Sugar Skulls (IFL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Tucson
- New York City to Tucson
- Chicago to Tucson
- Houston to Tucson
- Philadelphia to Tucson
- San Antonio to Tucson
- San Diego to Tucson
- Dallas to Tucson
- San Jose to Tucson
- Austin to Tucson
Learn more about Tucson
- What Is The Cost To Move In Tucson?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Arizona?
- Best Moving Companies in Tucson, AZ
- Best Moving Companies in Arizona
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!