Quick Answer: The cost to move from Los Angeles, CA to Toledo, OH averages from $1,904 to $7,643 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Toledo, OH. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Toledo to Los Angeles guide.
- Best Los Angeles to Toledo movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Los Angeles to Toledo.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Los Angeles to Toledo car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,247 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Los Angeles to Toledo?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,301 - $5,262||$1,764 - $2,968||$1,757 - $2,312|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,596 - $7,643||$3,064 - $4,663||$1,904 - $2,752|
|4+ bedrooms||$6,752 - $11,815||$4,237 - $5,999||$2,427 - $3,379|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,247 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Los Angeles to Toledo will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Los Angeles to Toledo Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Los Angeles to Toledo?
To ship furniture from Los Angeles to Toledo with a mover will cost between $1,301 to $5,262. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,596 to $7,643, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Los Angeles to Toledo will cost from $6,752 to $11,815.
How much are moving container companies from Los Angeles to Toledo?
Moving containers from Los Angeles to Toledo will cost you $1,764 to $2,968 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $3,064 to $4,663. A larger home will cost $4,237 to $5,999.
How much is a moving truck from Los Angeles to Toledo?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $1,757 to $2,312. A larger move will cost $1,904 to $2,752, and a 4+ bedroom move from Los Angeles to Toledo costs from $2,427 to $3,379.
How to ship a car from Los Angeles to Toledo
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Los Angeles to Toledo car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Los Angeles, CA to Toledo, OH a good idea?
Cost of Living: Los Angeles vs Toledo
|Average rent cost||$2,306||$650|
|Average home value||$2,110,111||$102,102|
|Average income (per capita)||$68,632||$59,051|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,060||$894|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,843||$3,039|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||3.99%|
- Rent Prices in Toledo, OH are 72% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Home Prices in Toledo, OH are 95.2% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Income in Toledo, OH is 14.0% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Toledo, OH is 15.7% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Toledo, OH is 20.9% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Unemployment rate in Toledo, OH is 39.09% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Sales Taxes in Toledo, OH are 23.68% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- State Income Taxes in Toledo, OH are 70.00% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $2,530.2 in Toledo to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Los Angeles.
How is life different in Los Angeles, CA to Toledo, OH?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||3||8|
|Bike friendliness score||46||59|
- Toledo’s population is about 97% less than Los Angeles.
- Toledo’s public transportation is not as good as Los Angeles with a score of 3 vs 8.
- Toledo is less walkable than Los Angeles with a score of 46 vs 69.
- Toledo is less bike-friendly than Los Angeles with a score of 46 vs 59.
- Toledo's crime rate is higher than Los Angeles with a score of 39.23 compared to 29.96.
- Toledo is considered to be less safe than Los Angeles with a score of 35.62 vs 49.78.
- Air Quality in Toledo is Good, and in Los Angeles it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Toledo, OH
- Weather: Toledo has four very distinct seasons. This means that in the wintertime, you should prepare for snow and in the summer it's usually warm. .
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: Although a local license is not required in Ohio, make sure the moving company you’ll be hiring is registered with U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT). To verify if you’re dealing with a legal and licensed mover, you may ask them their USDOT registration number. Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Ohio moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Ohio does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Toledo. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Los Angeles Movers
|Seka Moving||Get A Quote||
355 S Grand Ave Suite 2450, Los Angeles, CA, 90071
|Move Central Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
2466 E 16th St, Los Angeles, CA, 90021
|ABC Moving Systems||Get A Quote||
11301 W Olympic Blvd #727, Los Angeles, CA, 90064
Visit our Best Movers in Los Angeles page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
What to do in Toledo
Moving to The “Frog Town”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Ohio home.
- Toledo Botanical Garden
- Toledo Museum of Art
- Toledo Zoo,
- Imagination Station
- Tony Packo's
- Bar 145
- Wildwood Manor House
- National Museum of the Great Lakes
- Toledo Symphony Orchestra
Get your sports on!Toledo is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
- Toledo Walleye (ECHL)
- Toledo Reign (WFA)
- The Glass City Rollers (WFTDA)
- Toledo Villa FC (USL)
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Toledo
- New York City to Toledo
- Chicago to Toledo
- Houston to Toledo
- Phoenix to Toledo
- Philadelphia to Toledo
- San Antonio to Toledo
- San Diego to Toledo
- Dallas to Toledo
- San Jose to Toledo
Learn more about Toledo
- What Is The Cost To Move In Toledo?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Ohio?
- Best Moving Companies in Toledo, OH
- Best Moving Companies in Ohio
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!