Quick Answer: The cost to move from Los Angeles, CA to Arlington, VA averages from $2,182 to $7,982 depending on how much you’re moving, your move date, and whether you hire a company or do the move yourself. Hiring movers will be on the more expensive side. Renting a truck or renting a moving container is usually cheaper but requires more work.
In this article, we’ll lay out everything you need to know for your upcoming move to Arlington, VA. But first, here are a few resources if you need immediate answers:
Moving the reverse route? We’ve got you covered with our Moving from Arlington to Los Angeles guide.
- Best Los Angeles to Arlington movers: We’ve handpicked the best moving companies from Los Angeles to Arlington.
- How much will your move cost?: Use our moving calculator to get a more accurate estimate on moving costs.
- Consider moving containers: Need a more budget-friendly option? With these companies, you load and they drive! These are the best moving container companies.
- Los Angeles to Arlington car shippers: Moving your car? Here's a list of our top car shipping companies.
Moving 2,664 miles is no joke. Here's what you need to know.
How much does it cost to move from Los Angeles to Arlington?
Here are average prices to hire a moving company, rent a moving container, or rent a moving truck:
|Move Size||Moving Company||Moving Container||Rental Truck|
|Studio / 1 Bedroom||$1,332 - $5,617||$2,004 - $3,432||$2,014 - $2,651|
|2 - 3 bedrooms||$3,975 - $7,982||$3,525 - $5,364||$2,182 - $3,155|
|4+ bedrooms||$7,480 - $12,368||$4,874 - $6,910||$2,784 - $3,876|
*These price ranges are a rough estimate based on 2,664 miles and historical averages. The actual size of your move, additional services required, truck parking access, market conditions, and availability can greatly affect the final cost of your move.
The cost to move from Los Angeles to Arlington will depend on:
- Move size: 5 bedroom homes are more expensive to move than 1 bedroom apartments.
- Time of year: Summer is busy season so moving companies charge more.
- Do-it-yourself vs Professional Mover: DIY moving services are usually cheaper but involve more work and stress.
How Much do Movers Cost?
Get instant ballpark pricing. No email or phone required. It's fast, free, and easy.
Who Are The Best Los Angeles to Arlington Movers?
Hiring a moving company is a big deal.
We’ve researched over 500 interstate moving companies, cross-referencing verified customer reviews, license data, insurance data, and federal complaint records to find you the best long distance moving companies in the industry.
If you’re moving a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff or more, these are the best full service moving companies.
Best Overall Value
Get A Quote
Best industry reputation
Get A Quote
Best customer service
Get A Quote
If you’re just trying to ship a few items, here’s a list of our recommended services for small moves.
How much does it cost to hire a professional moving company from Los Angeles to Arlington?
To ship furniture from Los Angeles to Arlington with a mover will cost between $1,332 to $5,617. The cost to move a 2 to 3 bedroom home will range from $3,975 to $7,982, and a 4-bedroom move or bigger move from Los Angeles to Arlington will cost from $7,480 to $12,368.
How much are moving container companies from Los Angeles to Arlington?
Moving containers from Los Angeles to Arlington will cost you $2,004 to $3,432 for a studio or one-bedroom home. For a 2 to 3 bedroom move, moving containers can cost $3,525 to $5,364. A larger home will cost $4,874 to $6,910.
How much is a moving truck from Los Angeles to Arlington?
Renting a moving truck is usually the cheapest option, but it requires you to do all of the driving and labor; these estimates include the estimated fuel cost:
Moving a studio or 1-bedroom apartment in a rental truck will cost around $2,014 to $2,651. A larger move will cost $2,182 to $3,155, and a 4+ bedroom move from Los Angeles to Arlington costs from $2,784 to $3,876.
How to ship a car from Los Angeles to Arlington
Now that you've picked from the top movers for your belongings, it's time to choose an experienced and reputable Los Angeles to Arlington car shipper.
Just like booking a reputable mover, professional car shippers will apply know-how and experience to make sure that your car makes it unscathed during this long-distance move.
The type of transport you choose and the size of the vehicle will influence the final price of shipping your car. Learn more about car shipping costs.
Is moving from Los Angeles, CA to Arlington, VA a good idea?
Cost of Living: Los Angeles vs Arlington
|Average rent cost||$2,306||$2,135|
|Average home value||$2,110,111||$817,610|
|Average income (per capita)||$68,632||$120,071|
|Cost of Living (single person)||$1,060||$0|
|Cost of Living (family of 4)||$3,843||$0|
|State Income Tax||13.3%||5.75%|
- Rent Prices in Arlington, VA are 7% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Home Prices in Arlington, VA are 61.3% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Income in Arlington, VA is 74.9% higher than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a single person in Arlington, VA is 100.0% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Cost of Living for a family in Arlington, VA is 100.0% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Unemployment rate in Arlington, VA is 63.64% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- Sales Taxes in Arlington, VA are 36.84% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
- State Income Taxes in Arlington, VA are 56.77% lower than in Los Angeles, CA.
To put this into perspective, you would need around $0.0 in Arlington to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with $3,000.00 in Los Angeles.
How is life different in Los Angeles, CA to Arlington, VA?
|AllTransit Transportation Performance Score||9||8|
|Bike friendliness score||72||59|
- Arlington’s population is about 98% less than Los Angeles.
- Arlington’s public transportation is not as good as Los Angeles with a score of 9 vs 8.
- Arlington is more walkable than Los Angeles with a score of 71 vs 69.
- Arlington is more bike-friendly than Los Angeles with a score of 72 vs 59.
- Arlington's crime rate is lower than Los Angeles with a score of 15.67 compared to 29.96.
- Arlington is considered to be safer than Los Angeles with a safety index of 79.15 vs 49.78.
- Air Quality in Arlington is Good, and in Los Angeles it’s Moderate.
Considerations for moving to Arlington, VA
- Weather: Arlington has hot humid summers, mild to moderately cold winters, and pleasant spring and fall seasons..
- HOA Rules: Check ahead with any neighborhood or community rules on moving to ensure a smooth move.
- Elevator Reservation: If your building has an elevator you’ll want to check on how to reserve it for move day.
- Truck Parking Permits: Some cities require parking permits for large vehicles and moving trucks. Find out if you need any parking permits ahead of time.
- State Licensing: In addition to filing tariffs and complying with insurance, bond, and highway safety requirements, all intrastate moving companies in Virginia must have a certificate from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (VaDMV). Make sure the moving company you use has a license before hiring.
- State Regulator: You can verify a Virginia moving license and its status on the state regulator's official website.
- Moving Permits: Virginia does not require any moving permits, but it is helpful to check local parking restrictions before moving into the state.
- Change of Address: We recommend submitting your change of address form with USPS at least a week prior to your move. You can set an official move date on the form and this way all of your mail will get properly forward to Arlington. Get started here.
- Moving Company Insurance: Every state requires moving companies to carry different levels of insurance. Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, the mover is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50 inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds). If you need for the full value of your items to be covered, please consult with the moving company you're hiring for other options or a third-party insurance provider.
- Moving Checklist: Our moving checklist will help you have the peace of mind that you’ve got everything covered.
Local Los Angeles Movers
|Seka Moving||Get A Quote||
355 S Grand Ave Suite 2450, Los Angeles, CA, 90071
|Move Central Moving & Storage||Get A Quote||
2466 E 16th St, Los Angeles, CA, 90021
|ABC Moving Systems||Get A Quote||
11301 W Olympic Blvd #727, Los Angeles, CA, 90064
Visit our Best Movers in Los Angeles page to see a complete list of moving companies, including hourly rates, services, and reviews.
Where to live in Arlington, VA
Now that you've decided to make the move to "", these are the best neighborhoods in Arlington to move to.
Best neighborhoods for singles:
- Aurora Highlands
- Ballston-Virginia Square
- Radnor-Ft Myer Heights
Best neighborhoods for families:
- Arlington Ridge
- Chain Bridge Forest
- Dominion Hills
- Forest Glen
- Lyon Village
- Westover Village
What to do in Arlington
Moving to The “”? These are some of the best things to do in your new Virginia home.
- Arlington National Cemetery
- The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial
- Pentagon Memorial
- John F. Kennedy Grave Site
- Gravelly Point Park
- Fort Myer
- Mount Vernon Trail
- The Observation Deck at CEB Tower
- Air Force Memorial
- Signature Theatre
- Village at Shirlington
- Arlington House - The Robert E. Lee Memorial
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
- Women in Military Service for America Memorial
Get your sports on!Arlington is a great sports town, these are the local teams to support:
Related articles to your move
Movers and cost
- Los Angeles to Arlington
- New York City to Arlington
- Chicago to Arlington
- Houston to Arlington
- Phoenix to Arlington
- Philadelphia to Arlington
- San Antonio to Arlington
- San Diego to Arlington
- Dallas to Arlington
- San Jose to Arlington
Learn more about Arlington
- What Is The Cost To Move In Arlington?
- What Is The Cost To Move To Virginia?
- Best Moving Companies in Arlington, VA
- Best Moving Companies in Virginia
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!