Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Montgomery
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Montgomery area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Montgomery for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$648||$186||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$834||$186||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,242||$260||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,646||$364||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$3,010||$364||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$4,534||$509||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Montgomery move
- Parking Permits: 40Ft Moving Truck, One Day. City Cost $60 Please note this permit is only available in metered areas and we will need the meter numbers to get the permit.
- State Licensing: To ensure that in-state movers operate safely and reliably, moving companies in Alabama must have a registration number issued by the Alabama Public Service Commission (APSC).
FAQs for Montgomery movers
How do I find a reputable Montgomery mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Montgomery movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Montgomery do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Montgomery?
Some popular attractions in Montgomery include:
- Legacy Museum
- National Memorial for Peace and Justice
- Rosa Parks Library and Museum
- Dexter Parsonage Museum - Dr. Martin Luther King home
- Civil Rights Memorial Center
- Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church
- First White House of the Confederacy
- Montgomery Zoo
- Hank Williams Memorial - Oakwood Annex Cemetery
- Alabama Department of Archives and History
How’s the job market in Montgomery?
Montgomery’s unemployment rate is at 6.0%. Looking for a job in “Capital of the South”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Alabama city:
- Colonial Banc Group
- Colonial National Bank
- Colonial Bank
- Bell Media
- Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama
- Civil Air Patrol
- The Healthcare Authority for Baptist Health and Affiliate of Uab Health System
- Ask Telemarketing
Helpful Montgomery Resources
Planning a move to Montgomery? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Montgomery
- Moving from New York City to Montgomery
- Moving from Chicago to Montgomery
- Moving from Houston to Montgomery
- Moving from Phoenix to Montgomery
- Moving to Montgomery from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!