The Best Movers in Killeen 2023
Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Killeen
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Killeen area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Killeen for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$487||$176||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$663||$176||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,052||$247||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,387||$346||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,733||$346||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$4,183||$484||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Killeen move
- Parking Permits: Make sure to check with the City of Killeen for details about parking permits and restrictions that you should know about before your move.
- State Licensing: In-state movers operating in the Lone Star State are legally required to be licensed by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TXDMV), which issues 10-digit TXDMV numbers to commercial carriers.
FAQs for Killeen movers
How do I find a reputable Killeen mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Killeen movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Killeen do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Killeen?
Some popular attractions in Killeen include:
- The Lions Club Aquatics Park
- Central Texas Veterans Cemetery
- Vive Les Arts Theatre
- Great Escape of Central Texas
- Fort Hood Visitor Center
- Fort Hood November 5 Memorial
- Killeen Mall
- Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery
- Jokers IceHouse Bar & Grill
- First Baptist Church
How’s the job market in Killeen?
Killeen’s unemployment rate is at 8.7%. Looking for a job in “Killeen”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Texas city:
- First National Bank Texas
- Texas A&M University-Central Texas
- Killeen Daily Herald
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Texas
- Lone Star Realty
- Central Texas College
- The Carlson Law Firm
- Cleo Bay Honda
- Patriot Buick GMC of Killeen
Helpful Killeen Resources
- How much does it cost to move to Killeen?
- Bucking the Buckeye State: The moveBuddha 2022-2023 Ohio Migration Report
- Moving Experience: Chloe’s Move with JK Moving
- Moving Experience: Kathy’s Move with American Van Lines
- Moving Experience – Elizabeth’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Adam’s Move with JK Moving
Planning a move to Killeen? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Killeen
- Moving from New York City to Killeen
- Moving from Chicago to Killeen
- Moving from Phoenix to Killeen
- Moving from Philadelphia to Killeen
- Moving to Killeen from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
- Houston Movers
- San Antonio Movers
- Dallas Movers
- Austin Movers
- Fort Worth Movers
- El Paso Movers
- Corpus Christi Movers
- Amarillo Movers
- Plano Movers
- Laredo Movers
- Lubbock Movers
- Garland Movers
- Irving Movers
- McKinney Movers
- Waco Movers
- Galveston Movers
- Killeen Movers
- McAllen Movers
- College Station Movers
- Odessa Movers
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!