Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Port St. Lucie
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Port St. Lucie area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Port St. Lucie for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$392||$168||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$560||$168||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$929||$235||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,198||$329||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,527||$329||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$3,912||$461||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Port St. Lucie move
- Parking Permits: Effective October 29, 2021, carriers may purchase Florida trip permits online through the FLHSMV Commercial Vehicle Permit Portal. A Florida Temporary Trip Permit is valid for ten (10) days and costs $30.00. Carriers may also contact the Bureau of Commercial Vehicle and Driver Services at (850) 617-3711 weekdays from 8-4:30 to obtain a trip permit.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services.
FAQs for Port St. Lucie movers
How do I find a reputable Port St. Lucie mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Port St. Lucie movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Port St. Lucie do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Port St. Lucie?
Some popular attractions in Port St. Lucie include:
- First Data Field
- Savannas Preserve State Park
- Veterans Park at Rivergate
- Port St Lucie Botanical Gardens
- Treasure Coast Model Railroad Club
- Oak Hammock Park
- Hop Life Brewing
- Paleo Hammock Preserve
- River Park Marina
- City of Port St. Lucie Civic Center
How’s the job market in Port St. Lucie?
Port St. Lucie’s unemployment rate is at 5.0%. Looking for a job in “PSL”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Florida city:
- Liberty Healthcare Group
- Gerelco Electrical Contractors
- St. Lucie Medical Center
- Atlantic Home Health Care
- City of Port St. Lucie
- Council On Aging-St Lucie
- FPB Bancorp
- Expert Shutter Services
- Lmc Funding
- Rich Properties
Helpful Port St. Lucie Resources
Planning a move to Port St. Lucie? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Port St. Lucie
- Moving from New York City to Port St. Lucie
- Moving from Chicago to Port St. Lucie
- Moving from Houston to Port St. Lucie
- Moving from Phoenix to Port St. Lucie
- Moving to Port St. Lucie from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!