The Best Movers in Destin 2023
Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Destin
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Destin area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Destin for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$394||$147||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$541||$147||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$865||$206||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$1,975||$288||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,263||$288||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$3,471||$403||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Destin move
- Parking Permits: If you are moving to the incorporated area of Destin, you can receive up to two free annual parking passes for use in paid parking areas along Scenic Highway 98 in Crystal Beach, Gulf Shore Drive on Holiday Isle, and the Destin Harbor District parking area. You can obtain these passes at Destin City Hall.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services.
FAQs for Destin movers
How do I find a reputable Destin mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Destin movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Destin do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Destin?
Some popular attractions in Destin include:
- Henderson Beach State Park
- Village of Baytowne Wharf
- Crystal Sands Beach
- Destin Harbor Boardwalk
- Destin Harbor
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets
- Destin History & Fishing Museum
- Destin Commons
- HarborWalk Marina
- Grand Boulevard at Sandestin
How’s the job market in Destin?
Destin’s unemployment rate is at 4.0%. Looking for a job in “Destin”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Florida city:
- Emerald Grande
- Acentria Insurance
- Southern Vacation Rentals
- Village Baptist Church
- Harbor Docks
- Scenic Sotheby's International Realty
- City of Destin
- Hanna's Sandcastle Designs, Inc
Helpful Destin Resources
- How much does it cost to move to Destin?
- Moving Experience: Kathy’s Move with American Van Lines
- Moving Experience – Elizabeth’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Adam’s Move with JK Moving
- Moving Experience: Irena’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Jason’s Move with U-Pack
Planning a move to Destin? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Destin
- Moving from New York City to Destin
- Moving from Chicago to Destin
- Moving from Houston to Destin
- Moving from Phoenix to Destin
- Moving to Destin from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
- Cape Coral Movers
- Deltona Movers
- Destin Movers
- Gainesville Movers
- Hialeah Movers
- Jacksonville Movers
- Miami Movers
- Navarre Movers
- Orlando Movers
- Pensacola Movers
- Port St. Lucie Movers
- St. Petersburg Movers
- Tallahassee Movers
- Tampa Movers
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!