The Best Movers in Pensacola 2023
Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Pensacola
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Pensacola area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Pensacola for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$473||$176||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$649||$176||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,038||$247||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,373||$346||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,719||$346||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$4,169||$484||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Pensacola move
- Parking Permits: Residents within the parking district of Pensacola are eligible to obtain parking passes that can be utilized at any parking lot or garage operated by the City. For more information or to purchase your parking pass please call(850) 434-5372 or contact the local city government.
- State Licensing: Individuals and companies engaging in for-profit local and intrastate moving within the Sunshine State must register each year with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Division of Consumer Services.
FAQs for Pensacola movers
How do I find a reputable Pensacola mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Pensacola movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Pensacola do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Pensacola?
Some popular attractions in Pensacola include:
- Pensacola Lighthouse & Maritime Museum
- Blue Wahoos Ballpark
- Uncle Sandy's Macaw Bird Park
- Grizzly Axes
- Fort Barrancas
- Historic Pensacola Village
- Johnson Beach
- Santa Rosa Island
- Pensacola Bay City Ferry
- Veterans Memorial Park
How’s the job market in Pensacola?
Pensacola’s unemployment rate is at 4.3%. Looking for a job in “The City of Five Flags”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this Florida city:
- Baptist Health Care
- Landrum Professional Employer Services Inc
- Keller Williams Realty Gulf Coast
- Homerun Holdings
- Lakeview Center
- Gulf Power
- Pensacola Christian College
- Pensacola State College
- Emerald Coast Utilities Authority
- Covenant Hospice Inc
Helpful Pensacola Resources
- How much does it cost to move to Pensacola?
- Moving Experience: Kathy’s Move with American Van Lines
- Moving Experience – Elizabeth’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Adam’s Move with JK Moving
- Moving Experience: Irena’s Move with Mayzlin Relocation
- Moving Experience: Jason’s Move with U-Pack
Planning a move to Pensacola? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Pensacola
- Moving from New York City to Pensacola
- Moving from Chicago to Pensacola
- Moving from Houston to Pensacola
- Moving from Phoenix to Pensacola
- Moving to Pensacola from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
- Cape Coral Movers
- Deltona Movers
- Destin Movers
- Gainesville Movers
- Hialeah Movers
- Jacksonville Movers
- Miami Movers
- Navarre Movers
- Orlando Movers
- Pensacola Movers
- Port St. Lucie Movers
- St. Petersburg Movers
- Tallahassee Movers
- Tampa Movers
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!