Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Years in Business: 25
DOT #: 9211433600 S Higuera St,
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401,
- Local moves
- Interstate moves
- DOT #: 921143
- State license #: 921143
Alternative Business Names
- Meathead Packers
Pink Transfer Inc.
DOT #: 622244720 East Cypress Avenue,
Monrovia, CA 91016,
- Local moves
- Interstate moves
- International moves
- Hot Tubs
- Pool Tables
- Pay by credit card
- DOT #: 622244
- State license #: 622244
Average moving company cost in Ontario
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Ontario area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Ontario for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$402||$154||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$556||$154||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$896||$216||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$2,060||$302||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$2,362||$302||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$3,632||$423||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Ontario move
- Parking Permits: A Vehicle Moving Permit (REG 172) may be issued at no fee for a period of only one day for movement of a vehicle in accordance with CVC §§4002 and 11716. Registration of a vehicle moved or operated under a permit issued by DMV is not required. Auto clubs are authorized to issue REG 172s. A REG 172 is valid for one day and issued to vehicles that have a valid planned nonoperation (PNO) status on record, be exempt from the PNO law, or have current fees on deposit and will be moved
- State Licensing: When contacting a local moving company for an estimate in California, make sure each has a “T Number” issued by the California Public Utilities Commission (CAPUC). Moving companies with valid T Numbers have met state requirements for insurance, safety, and financial stability and have passed criminal clearance checks conducted by the California Department of Justice.
FAQs for Ontario movers
How do I find a reputable Ontario mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
Fortunately, the Ontario movers on this list all pass this checklist with flying colors and have been hand selected by our experts at moveBuddha.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Ontario movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Ontario do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Ontario?
Some popular attractions in Ontario include:
- Ontario Mills
- Toyota Arena
- Escape Lounge
- Ontario Convention Center
- Museum of History and Art, Ontario
- Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park
- Treasures N Junk
- K1 Speed Ontario
How’s the job market in Ontario?
Ontario’s unemployment rate is at 7.0%. Looking for a job in “”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this California city:
- Prime Healthcare
- Niagara Bottling
- Gold Star Foods
- Damao Luggage International
- Barbeques Galore
- Hub Distributing
- Specialty Brands
- Calico Brands
Helpful Ontario Resources
Planning a move to Ontario? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Ontario
- Moving from New York City to Ontario
- Moving from Chicago to Ontario
- Moving from Houston to Ontario
- Moving from Phoenix to Ontario
- Moving to Ontario from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
- Best Anaheim Movers
- Best Bakersfield Movers
- Best Chula Vista Movers
- Best Concord Movers
- Best Fontana Movers
- Best Fremont Movers
- Best Fresno Movers
- Best Irvine Movers
- Best Lancaster Movers
- Best Long Beach Movers
- Best Los Angeles Movers
- Best Modesto Movers
- Best Moreno Valley Movers
- Best Oakland Movers
- Best Oxnard Movers
- Best Riverside Movers
- Best Roseville Movers
- Best Sacramento Movers
- Best San Bernardino Movers
- Best San Diego Movers
- Best San Francisco Movers
- Best San Jose Movers
- Best Santa Ana Movers
- Best Santa Clarita Movers
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!