The Best Movers in Livermore 2023
Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Livermore
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Livermore area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Livermore for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||Cost/hour||# of Movers||# Hours|
|Studio||$550||$231||2 movers||3 hours|
|1 Bedroom||$781||$231||2 movers||4 hours|
|2 Bedroom||$1,288||$323||3 movers||5 hours|
|3 Bedroom||$3,037||$453||4 movers||8 hours|
|4 Bedroom||$3,490||$453||4 movers||9 hours|
|5+ Bedroom||$5,391||$634||5 movers||10 hours|
Things to keep in mind for your Livermore move
- Parking Permits: Make sure to check with the City of Livermore for details about parking permits and restrictions that you should know about before your move.
- State Licensing: When contacting a local moving company for an estimate in California, make sure each has a “T Number” issued by the California Public Utilities Commission (CAPUC). Moving companies with valid T Numbers have met state requirements for insurance, safety, and financial stability and have passed criminal clearance checks conducted by the California Department of Justice.
FAQs for Livermore movers
How do I find a reputable Livermore mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Livermore movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Livermore do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Livermore?
Some popular attractions in Livermore include:
- Retzlaff Vineyards
- San Francisco Premium Outlets
- Livermore Valley
- Del Valle Regional Park
- Concannon Vineyard
- McGrail Vineyards and Winery
- Livermore Shiva-Vishnu Temple
- Bankhead Theater
- Wente Vineyards
- Darcie Kent Vineyards
How’s the job market in Livermore?
Livermore’s unemployment rate is at 5.0%. Looking for a job in “Livermore”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this California city:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- National Ignition Facility
- Fabco Automotive
- McGrath Rent
- Performant Financial
- Wente Vineyards
- City of Livermore
- Valmark Industries
Helpful Livermore Resources
- How much does it cost to move to Livermore?
- Moving Experience: Jason’s Move with U-Pack
- A Beginner’s Guide: How to Rent a Storage Unit
- Moving Experience – Marcie’s Move with North American Van Lines
- Top 25 Cities for Irish Culture
- Moving Experience: Priscilla’s Move with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage
Planning a move to Livermore? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from New York City to Livermore
- Moving from Chicago to Livermore
- Moving from Houston to Livermore
- Moving from Phoenix to Livermore
- Moving from Philadelphia to Livermore
- Moving to Livermore from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
- Anaheim Movers
- Bakersfield Movers
- Chula Vista Movers
- Concord Movers
- Dublin Movers
- Fontana Movers
- Fremont Movers
- Fresno Movers
- Irvine Movers
- Lancaster Movers
- Livermore Movers
- Long Beach Movers
- Los Angeles Movers
- Modesto Movers
- Moreno Valley Movers
- Oakland Movers
- Ontario Movers
- Oxnard Movers
- Pleasanton Movers
- Riverside Movers
- Roseville Movers
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!