Over the past 10 years, we’ve developed a rigorous review process to identify the absolute best moving companies. We look at:
Customer satisfaction (40%): The company consistently delivers services in a timely matter with good communication and within the estimated cost.
Dispute resolution (20%): Mistakes cannot be avoided in the moving industry. We look for companies that own their mistakes and make genuine efforts to fix any issues that arise during a move.
Industry reputation (15%): The company is well regarded within the moving industry and participates in industry conferences and organizations.
Online reputation (15%): The company maintains a professional website with accurate information. The company promptly and professionally responds to online customer inquiries.
Service options (10%): We look for companies with a deep breadth of services including full packing, storage, specialty item handling, expedited delivery, and more.
Average moving company cost in Fremont
The pricing table below shows ballpark costs for local moves within the Fremont area and its surrounding suburbs. Or check out our post on the cost to move in Fremont for more pricing info.
Keep in mind the price ranges listed are only averages. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the specific requirements of your move.
You can also check out our moving cost calculator for more accurate moving cost estimates.
|Home Size||Avg. Total Cost||# of Movers||# Hours||Cost/hour|
|Studio||$609||2 movers||3 hours||$280|
|1 Bedroom||$889||2 movers||4 hours||$280|
|2 Bedroom||$1,505||3 movers||5 hours||$392|
|3 Bedroom||$3,623||4 movers||8 hours||$549|
|4 Bedroom||$4,172||4 movers||9 hours||$549|
|5+ Bedroom||$6,473||5 movers||10 hours||$768|
Things to keep in mind for your Fremont move
- Parking Permits: A Vehicle Moving Permit (REG 172) may be issued at no fee for a period of only one day for movement of a vehicle in accordance with CVC §§4002 and 11716. Registration of a vehicle moved or operated under a permit issued by DMV is not required. Auto clubs are authorized to issue REG 172s. A REG 172 is valid for one day and issued to vehicles that have a valid planned nonoperation (PNO) status on record, be exempt from the PNO law, or have current fees on deposit and will be moved
- State Licensing: When contacting a local moving company for an estimate in California, make sure each has a “T Number” issued by the California Public Utilities Commission (CAPUC). Moving companies with valid T Numbers have met state requirements for insurance, safety, and financial stability and have passed criminal clearance checks conducted by the California Department of Justice.
FAQs for Fremont movers
How do I find a reputable Fremont mover?
There are many things you should look for in a mover to ensure they’re reputable such as:
- A good reputation: Whether they’re a new family-owned business or a large van lines company with years of experience, a good reputation is absolutely essential.
- Dispute resolution: If the mover has many unresolved customer complaints, steer clear. All movers will eventually have some mishaps, but it’s the handling of these moments that show the company’s true colors.
- Experience for your move: Even a professional mover with amazing reviews for local moves may struggle to handle a cross-country move. Make sure the company has adequate experience for your particular needs.
What is the cheapest day to hire a mover?
If you’ve asked yourself this question, congratulations.
You’re asking the right questions to save money on your move. Typically, the earlier you book your move the better.
Avoiding weekends, holidays, and the summer will typically give you the best price on your move.
Shopping for the lowest quote is typically a bad idea since many companies will take your move for the lowest cost only for the price to end up doubling on the actual move day!
Do Fremont movers offer storage?
Yes, depending on your storage needs most moving companies in Fremont do offer both short and long-term storage units.
However, while some have their own storage facilities, others don’t, in which case they may store your items at a third-party warehouse. It’s always worth asking about storage facilities and getting quotes when screening prospective movers early on in the moving process.Should you use your mover's storage solutions?
What is there to do in Fremont?
Some popular attractions in Fremont include:
- Coyote Hills Regional Park
- Mission Peak Regional Preserve
- Central Park
- Ardenwood Historic Farm
- Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area
- Niles Canyon Railway
- Old Mission San Jose
- Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum
- Don Edwards San Francisco National Wildlife Refuge
- Vargas Plateau Regional Park
How’s the job market in Fremont?
Fremont’s unemployment rate is at 5.0%. Looking for a job in “”? Let us help you start looking, here’s a list of the top employers from this California city:
- Lam Research
- Access International
- PetersenDean Roofing and Solar
- BizLink Group
- New United Motor Manufacturing
- Sonic Manufacturing Technologies
Helpful Fremont Resources
Planning a move to Fremont? We have a guide for that, select your origin below.
- Moving from Los Angeles to Fremont
- Moving from New York City to Fremont
- Moving from Chicago to Fremont
- Moving from Houston to Fremont
- Moving from Phoenix to Fremont
- Moving to Fremont from somewhere else
Top-Rated Movers in Nearby Cities
- Best Anaheim Movers
- Best Bakersfield Movers
- Best Chula Vista Movers
- Best Concord Movers
- Best Fontana Movers
- Best Fresno Movers
- Best Irvine Movers
- Best Lancaster Movers
- Best Long Beach Movers
- Best Los Angeles Movers
- Best Modesto Movers
- Best Moreno Valley Movers
- Best Oakland Movers
- Best Ontario Movers
- Best Oxnard Movers
- Best Riverside Movers
- Best Roseville Movers
- Best Sacramento Movers
- Best San Bernardino Movers
- Best San Diego Movers
- Best San Francisco Movers
- Best San Jose Movers
- Best Santa Ana Movers
- Best Santa Clarita Movers
Not what you were looking for?
Check out other categories that can help you find the information you need!